“I feel I have to warn you”
Review of Cafe de Paris - CLOSED

Cafe de Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Birmingham, AL
“I feel I have to warn you”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Four of us ate dinner there tonight and all thought it was among the worst meals we ever ate and it wasn't cheap. We had never dined there before and we relied on the chef's recommendations in the selection of our meals.
Three had fish and I had duck breast. While the three who ordered fish found the fish to be good I found the duck stringy and all were in agreement that the salads and the salad dressings were third rate at best. None of us felt the sides were worth eating. On lady at the table left her potatos uneaten the other thought that The Cafe de Paris should know how to make French fries. My side was simply the worst risotto I have ever eaten, barely a step above Uncle Ben's and Campbell's cream of mushroom soup. The table ordered 2 slices of pear torte for desert and felt we had had better desserts at meat and threes.

For those of you who remember Monty Python-Run Away, Run Away.

The company, however was great and the server deserves a better job.

2 Thank thefluss

“Loved it!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Several of my friends and I recently went to Cafe de Paris to celebrate a birthday in the group. I had a wonderful time, the food was excellent and the wait staff attentive and friendly. I ordered the mahi mahi it was beautifully cooked with a crunchy crust and served with an excellent sauce. The sauce was one of the best things I have tasted it was light, sweet and tangy. It was very good with every bite I tasted a new flavor. The salad was lovely also; it had bright herbal notes and dressed with the house dressing it was very inviting. The bread was fresh baked and warm from the oven. I could tell that everything was fresh and prepared with care. I wholly enjoyed my evening and with go back again.

1 Thank B W
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enchante”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My husband and I had lunch there. The service was Great! The food is delicious. Very Proffessional staff. We love it!

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Coleman C
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great little french restaurant...”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Cafe de Paris is a great little authentic french restaurant in Birmingham, AL. It is a family owned business and the owners are chefs from Paris. They are really good people that really care about their customers and are very passionate about what they do! You definitely have to go there soon and try it out! The food is out of this world and it's reasonably priced, best meal i've had in a long time, will definitely go back often!

2 Thank clanewms
Killen, Alabama
“glad I had a coupon”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

not the best, horrible service, they forgot about our wine for 20mins, then attempted to bring me a glass instead of a bottle of wine, no big deal but then attempted to take the glass away.....uummm no thats your mistake as a server you let the customer have the glass. I would have been really upset at how much the whole meal cost us but we had a living social coupon we purchsed. The food was not what I would consider "french cuisine". It was bland and not tasty at all. It seemed they were way under staffed.

• Visited February 2013