“Nice evening.”
Review of Cafe de Paris - CLOSED

Cafe de Paris
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Clanton, Alabama
“Nice evening.”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

We really had a good night at this restaurant. We had a groupon with included an appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert. I tried the duck and my date had the chicken. Both were very good, but not outstanding. The grit fritters were probably the biggest surprise of the evening. Since we are both Southerners, we really liked this twist to an old favorite. The bread pudding was very good and an interesting taste. However, I would probably have called it something besides bread pudding....more like a bread with a delicious sauce. Our waiter was very attentive, but not annoying. He was well informed. Overall, it was a good night and we will come again.

• Visited October 2012

Birmingham, Alabama
“Horrible experience”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Horrible experience. Used a groupon for appetizer, two entrees, and a dessert. Overpriced even at groupon prices. Staff had no knowledge of the menu, drinks, ingredients, anything. Fresh french bread was worse than I could make myself and did not even come with enough butter for the minimal amount they gave you. Appetizer of bruschetta had some weird item that we could not figure out if it was vegetable or meat. We were afraid to eat fish after looking at the atmosphere so stuck with steaks. T bone and beef steak. Neither were on par with what you would get at even a road side truck stop. We ordered medium and they were full of fat and tough. When we asked what the spices on our vegetables were the server wasn't sure...maybe Jamaican Jerk since it was spicy. Is this even a french spice? For dessert they already pre chose any groupon customers would receive the bread pudding. I would never call this bread pudding by any means but could not really taste it for the overwhelming cinnamon flavor. My server noticed my water was empty and said she would refill it....twice...finally after I asked another server came by and refilled for me. Never, NEVER go here. Our dinner would have been $60 but was not even worth $15. Horrible staff, confused atmosphere (really, paper on white tablecloths?), badly seasoned and cooked food. I was excited to go here but even more excited to leave!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Heather C
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Phenomenal food terrible serviceyku”
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Brittney was our server. She mixed up the orders got the sides wrong and even mixed up the checks and bills at the end. The food, however, made up for this. I ate the Sunday brunch and had the steak braised cabbage and cheese grits. The steak was delicious and very well seasoned, the cabbage was a real treat and the cheese grits were perfect. Stay away from brittney but run here for the food.

2 Thank DCsalesguy
Birmingham, Alabama
“Crazy, fun place”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The food here is good but the service is always sketchy. The servers are never the same each time I've been here. The two owners/chefs sometimes wait the table themselves. Other times, judging by the tone of their voices, they cuss each other out in French in the kitchen. Getting past all the craziness, the food is always good and the entertainment from the chefs amusing.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank csp2
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
“You gotta try this place”
Reviewed July 25, 2012

My friend and I had a Groupon coupon for this restaurant and were tired after the zoo so we went down town to find it. You would never know it's there but we called for directions. They were so nice they served us grits balls with a red dipping sauce while we waited. We heard great soul music and the other booth had some ladies that talked us into ordering a special ham sandwich that has an egg on top. Now I know some of you are thinking no way but it was to die for. There were zesty potatoes and a salad that had the best dressing I've ever tasted. Definitely worth trying if your in Birmingham and really close to the Vulcan statue. Great service.

• Visited June 2012