Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed May 30, 2014

We had the great pleasure of staying at The Wynfrey Hotel in Birmingham during the SEC Baseball Tournament. It was a most enjoyable experience, absolutely the cleanest rooms and wonderfully pleasant atmosphere. Everyone we encountered was very helpful and accommodating. A great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thank you for staying @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. We appreciate your positive review and thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your comments with our staff. Thank you for your great review and for your business. Please think of Hyatt Regency Birmingham when your travel plans bring you to our area.

There are newer reviews for Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Luxury Hotel with southern charm. Large rooms and well maintained. Excellent food choices,
Room service was hot and fast. Able to upgrade for a fraction of the cost when available.m
Club level is worth the extra $$$ if you need your own space and quite time. Friend had a service dog and not one problem.

Room Tip: If you want to relax go for the club level. Ask for view of city not the mall. I had King Suit and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Our team is excited that you enjoyed your stay and the Regency Club Lounge. We will share your review with our team. Thank you for your business and support of our Hotel.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights on business. I am a Hyatt Diamond member.

Location: The hotel is located in a nicer part of Birmingham near the intersection of I-459 and US31, right at the Riverchase Galleria Mall. In fact, the hotel is attached to the mall, which makes it convenient if you want to do any shopping. Because of this, there are also plenty of restaurants within walking distance.

Check-In: I arrived around midnight on a Sunday night due to a flight delay caused by severe storms in the area. I was the only one in the lobby and the check-in process was pretty routine, although the front desk staff seemed a bit hurried to give me my keys and not explain any of the hotel amenities/features. This was probably fine, as I would be tied up in meetings all week anyways.

Property/Room: The property looks nice and my guess it was probably built in the late 80's. It's one of the higher-end hotels for the area. I booked a standard king bed room and was given 2 double beds, with a connecting room door. I was a bit upset at that, but was way too exhausted to hike back down to get a new assignment. Fortunately, I did not have a neighbor until the last night. Then I could hear him talking on the cell phone and watching TV. The rooms have newer furnishings, but you can tell they did a pretty quick job on the last renovation. The only nice thing is that I was given a room on the Regency Club floor due to my Diamond status. But I would gladly trade that for a King bed with no connecting room.

Amenities: Since this is a full service hotel, nothing is free. Parking is $10 (self) per day. Breakfast (for most guests) is available in the restaurant downstairs. Internet ranges from $9.95 to $15.95 depending on speed. Fortunately this was covered since I am a Hyatt Diamond member. The Regency Club lounge was on the small side, but sufficient.The continental breakfast choices were simple and the evening hors d'oeuvres were decent. I should point out that the lounge staff was very friendly and efficient.

Service: Housekeeping did a good job and I did not have any issues. As pointed out earlier, the Regency Club lounge staff was excellent. When I checked out early Wednesday morning, it was a bit odd to see the front desk person sitting there with headphones listening to music while doing paperwork.

Overall the hotel was just ok for me. The room was decent, but the assignment was not. The front desk staff seemed a bit unpolished for this type of hotel. The only real positives were the Regency Club and location. For the price, it's a good choice, but there is some room for improvement.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank IntlSalesGuy

Thank you for staying @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your experience and our Regency Club Lounge. We strive to meet and exceed our guests expectations, I am glad that we did during your stay. Our entire team appreciates your business and support of the hotel. Thank you for both!

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed stayed here while going to the SEC Tournament. 5 minutes from the Hoover Met you are just seconds away from some great mall shopping. The lobby is located just steps away from one of the entrances to the mall. Great hotel. Clean and quite which is always a plus. Nice pool and great fitness center. There is also a fridge in the room.

Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review and latest stay of Hyatt Regency Birmingham- The Wynfrey Hotel. Your review was very favorable of the Hotel. Our entire staff appreciate your kind words and support. We were honored to be part of the SEC Baseball tournament, it was a fun week in the Hotel. Thank you for your business.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend. PERFECT location for easy shopping. It is also convenient to the Summit shopping area. My children enjoyed the pool. The hotel was clean but the air conditioning was a little tricky. You were either freezing or the heat came on when you bumped it up past 68... That was a bit annoying. Overall, very pleased. Great value and location!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for staying @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham and thank you for your nice comments. We appreciate your kind words. Your review mentioned that the A/C in the room was a bit temperamental, I am sorry that the A/C did not operate to your expectations. All of our A/C motors were replaced with our $20 million dollar renovation that was completed last year. I was disappointing that the unit was not working correctly. Our entire staff appreciates your business and support. Thank You

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Great looking hotel with clean and quiet rooms. The concierge lounge was wonderfully stocked with delicious snacks. The valet service was prompt and professional. The gym was well-maintained and clean. Good value especially for the business traveler.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for the nice comments and review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Your comments are truly appreciated. Please continue to think of us when your travel plans bring you back to the Birmingham / Hoover area. We value your feedback and business.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

We came to this hotel the afternoon that my Mom was buried. Chris Barnett and the whole staff at this hotel made what was a hard day a fun weekend. The hotel is beautiful and the room was clean and roomy. The location if great. You can park and walk to stores, restaurants and just about anything else you'd like. This is a great place to stay while traveling or as a destination! We love this hotel.

Room Tip: We like further up for a better view but there's not a bad view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Thank you for your review and kind words about your stay and our hotel. The entire Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel team is truly sorry about the loss of your mother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I will personally share your comments with Chris Barnett and my entire team. You are part of our Hyatt family.