“Shopping and Baseball”

Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Magee
“Shopping and Baseball”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed stayed here while going to the SEC Tournament. 5 minutes from the Hoover Met you are just seconds away from some great mall shopping. The lobby is located just steps away from one of the entrances to the mall. Great hotel. Clean and quite which is always a plus. Nice pool and great fitness center. There is also a fridge in the room.

Stayed May 2014
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for your review and latest stay of Hyatt Regency Birmingham- The Wynfrey Hotel. Your review was very favorable of the Hotel. Our entire staff appreciate your kind words and support. We were honored to be part of the SEC Baseball tournament, it was a fun week in the Hotel. Thank you for your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wiggins, Mississippi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend. PERFECT location for easy shopping. It is also convenient to the Summit shopping area. My children enjoyed the pool. The hotel was clean but the air conditioning was a little tricky. You were either freezing or the heat came on when you bumped it up past 68... That was a bit annoying. Overall, very pleased. Great value and location!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for staying @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham and thank you for your nice comments. We appreciate your kind words. Your review mentioned that the A/C in the room was a bit temperamental, I am sorry that the A/C did not operate to your expectations. All of our A/C motors were replaced with our $20 million dollar renovation that was completed last year. I was disappointing that the unit was not working correctly. Our entire staff appreciates your business and support. Thank You
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Great looking hotel with clean and quiet rooms. The concierge lounge was wonderfully stocked with delicious snacks. The valet service was prompt and professional. The gym was well-maintained and clean. Good value especially for the business traveler.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice comments and review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Your comments are truly appreciated. Please continue to think of us when your travel plans bring you back to the Birmingham / Hoover area. We value your feedback and business.
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We came to this hotel the afternoon that my Mom was buried. Chris Barnett and the whole staff at this hotel made what was a hard day a fun weekend. The hotel is beautiful and the room was clean and roomy. The location if great. You can park and walk to stores, restaurants and just about anything else you'd like. This is a great place to stay while traveling or as a destination! We love this hotel.

Room Tip: We like further up for a better view but there's not a bad view.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dominic B, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you for your review and kind words about your stay and our hotel. The entire Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel team is truly sorry about the loss of your mother. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I will personally share your comments with Chris Barnett and my entire team. You are part of our Hyatt family.
Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

Lovely hotel with all the amenities you would expect but you have to pay for the internet in the room - really! The restaurants were very good and the staff were so friendly and helpful. The hotel is attached to a major mall (with a Macy's). It is a far drive to get into Birmingham itself but the Macy's location made up for that.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback about Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. I am glad that you found the hotel enjoyable. I also understand your frustration about Internet not being complimentary during your stay. All Full Service Hyatt Hotels and most of our Full Service Competitors have a charge for Internet. Our Limited/Select Service brands Hyatt Place and Hyatt House include this service in their room rates. We try to soften the charge by offering the Internet service complimentary in the lobby and restaurants of the hotel. We also offer a Park & Surf package for $10,00 additional dollars, which is half off the cost of purchasing separately. Hyatt also offers complimentary Internet for our most loyal customers Platinum and Diamond Gold Passport holders in all of our hotels across the globe. Your feedback and business is important to us. We appreciate both. Thank You.
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

So I'm currently laying in bed at the Hyatt 25APR2014 @ 1:15am... very comfortable room smells very clean.

Anyways, I am at dinner and I check my bank statement (like I always do after I spend money)... And I notice that Hyatt Regency charged me $322 for 2 nights. I'm very confused at this point. I reserved my rooms for $80 a night (due to military discount) plus tax came out to $91.00/ night. All together it would be $182 Cool. When I checked in this afternoon, they automatically charge me $10/night for parking and I was fine with that. So, now its $202. Cool, no big deal. What they failed to tell me was they were going to charge me an extra $60/night. Passing the front desk to the elevators, I asked the checkin clerk why they charged me an extra $60/night and he said "the hotel assumes you are going rent movies, and I would get the money back when I checked out of the hotel." I then asked the clerk when I would I be reimbursed and he said "it's up to my financial institution as to when the hold would be lifted."

When I stay in hotels (which I travel a lot), I do not pay for parking and the hotel never puts a hold on the room. The clerks failed to tell me any of this information before checking into this hotel. I could have stayed at the Hilton and would have not had this problem.

Room had nice paintings.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your feedback about your most recent stay @ Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. Overall it appears that you enjoyed our hotel and the service that we provided. It also appears that my staff could have communicated the credit card approval process much better during your arrival. Our hotel along with most Full Service hotel operators will request approval with credit/debit cards for the full Room & Tax of your stay + a daily incidental amount. This amount varies by hotel and is typically determined on the specific hotels typical guest spend patterns and accounting procedures, In our hotel the additional "Hold" is $60.00 per night. We hold this amount but don't actually charge the credit or debit card until departure. I would love to walk you through our process in more detail if you need additional explanation. I am always available to speak with you. Just call our hotel and ask for the General Manger. I hope that I was able to explain this process in a way that it makes a little more sense. I will talk with my Front Office team to see if we can come up with a better way of communicating the process to our guests. Thank you for your feedback.
Hartwell, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We attended The 2014 Women's Collegiate Gymnastic Championships in Birmingham and stayed at The Hyatt Regency Galleria. We had a great room: comfortable, clean and spacious. All the staff were courteous and helpful. Plenty of parking, in lot and underground. Lots of restaurants nearby (2 in hotel and more in Galleria Mall). Interstate 459 two blocks away. Not our first visit, also stayed here with our 5 year old granddaughter a few years ago. Her favorite things were the escalators in the lobby and the waterfall out front of hotel. I'd rate it a 5-star hotel at 4-star prices. The "icing on the cake" was that several of the teams were also staying there, including our own Gymdogs. Wonderful weekend, even though UGA did not finish ist!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review of Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel. It is great to read such a fantastic review. Our staff works diligently to exceed all of our guests expectations. I am glad that we did not disappoint you. We loved hosting all of the collegiate gymnasts, it is unfortunate that GymDogs did not pull it out this year, I hope you don't hold that against us. We will be cheering for them next year in the NCAA College tournament. Thank you for your feedback and your business. You are important to our future success.