“Pay More, Get Less”

Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Cleveland, TN
“Pay More, Get Less”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

If you like paying $10 to park and $215 for your room (complete with a wet, dirty bath cloth and black hairs in your sheets) you be thrilled with this property! Don't come expecting complementary fresh coffee or any breakfast croissants in the lobby in the morning; the staff will tell you those amenities "don't come" with the Hyatt Brand! Skip the Hyatt and stay at any Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express; you'll get a comparable room with a full breakfast for about one-half the price of the Hyatt.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
AndyPeters, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member;

Thank you for taking time to share your review of our hotel. We greatly appreciate receiving feedback from our guests as it helps in our goal of always makiing improvements to our service. Our team's goal is to ensure that every guest feels cared for and valued. We do apologize that this stay did not meet your expectations or our standards. I have spoken to the Housekeeping department regarding the issues with your guest room as described in your comment.

and the team members of the Hyatt Regency Wynfrey Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 28, 2013

About the only bad thing I can say about the hotel is that the parking lot is a bit of a hassle (poor layout). The room was great, the staff consistently went out of their way to greet me and be friendly, and the breakfast buffet was far cheaper and better quality than at many hotels of this level. I'd stay here again with no reservations. Okay, I guess I'd need reservations...you know what I mean...

To our guest from Phoenix, Arizona;

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the results of the recent renovation.

We look forward to greeting you again in the future should your travels bring you back to our area. We wish you and your family a very nice Thanksgiving holiday.

Yardley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We were in Birmingham for my brother's funeral. We left our room at noon, on 10/22 & returned about 6 PM. Housekeeping had not been in our room. I know, that had I brought it to their attention, they would have attended to the matter, but, I had just buried my brother & I was in no mood to deal with it.

To our guest from Yardley, Pennsylvania;

We appreciate your objective comments regarding your stay and sincerely apologize that during your stay with us your room was missed by Housekeeping in the daily cleaning process. I know how dissappointing it was to come back after your day to see that your room was not completed. We do wish you had contacted us so that we could have cleaned it.We have discovered how the error was made by the room attendant on this floor and discussed at length with the housekeeping team to prevent a reoccurance.

Again, our sincere apology.

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Newly converted to a Hyatt--the room I stayed in seemed to be brand new and updated. Very enjoyable. My biggest complaint was the parking situation. You need to go through a gate just to get to the lobby. There are very few surface self parking areas to choose from. When I was there, they were having problems with the gate to get out. Twice I had to return to the front desk to have my access key reactivated.

When I checked in, the front desk staff was beyond friendly and helpful. However, I was told I had been upgrade to a Bi-Level suite, only to find out it was not a suite but rather a king room. This was somewhat disappointing and they said they could not upgrade me. My room key initially would not allow me up to the Hyatt lounge. I again had to have it reactivated.

I did eat at the restaurant in the lobby--excellent burger, but somewhat slow service.

Will return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AndyPeters, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
To our guest from Arlington, Virginia;

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review and posting of it on Trip Advisor, regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Wynfrey Hotel. We appreciate your comments and I have shared them with all of the team members of the hotel. I apologize for the issue you endured with our new key system, we believe we have worked out this problem with the manufacturer of the keys as well as the lock devices. I am glad to know that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and your burger in the restaurant.

We look forward to greeting you again in the future when your travels bring you to our area. Have a great rest of the fall season.

and the team members of the Wynfrey Hotel
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night while attending a conference at the hotel, they have recently renovated and its like a new hotel. Went with the club level room and it was great. If you stay on the 15th floor, ask for a room as far from the elevator as possible since it does make noise, especially in the morning when traffic picks up.
Will definitely stay here again and recommend to friends.

To our guest from Birmingham;

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of your recent stay at our hotel on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay on the 15th floor Club level and enjoyed the services offered on the concierge floors. I have shared your remarks with the team here at the hotel. We are thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andy Peters, General Manager
Tuscaloosa, Alabama, United States
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We had a wonderful time on our short trip to the Wenfrey Riverchase Hyatt Hotel in Hoover, Al. The rooms are beautiful and the service was excellent. The Banana Pancakes were fantastic and the new decor made our room feel like we were in luxury!

1 Thank TCarson1101
AndyPeters, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Birmingham - The Wynfrey Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
To our guest from Tuscaloosa;

We very much appreciate your taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us here at the Hyatt Regency Wynfrey Hotel. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed yoru stay, the service and the newly renovated room. I am also glad to know you enjoyed the banana pancakes in Merk's Restaurant, they are one of my favorites as well.

Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to greeting you again in the future the next time your travels bring you back to our area.

Andy Peters
GM and the team members of the Hyatt Regency Wynfrey Hotel
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is great. My daughter is in a wheel chair and the hotel was able to accommodate her. Our stay here was wonderful and recommend to everyone. We were able to shop at the Galleria and then walk back to the room when my daughter was tired. The staff was very nice to us.

• Stayed September 2013
To our guest Ms. Jodi;

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to post your nice comments of your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Wynfrey Hotel. I am glad that your found our team to be friendly and provide you and your grandaughter with a good experience. I know that you enjoyed the easy access to the mall for shopping and with the new anchor store Von Maur about to open there is an excitement in the mall. On your next trip you will really love this addition to the Galleria along the present stores.

We appreciate your business and for staying with us and look forward to greeting you again in the future.

and the team members of the Wynfrey Hotel