“Beautiful Place”

Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum
Ranked #1 of 94 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: A motorcyclist's dream, this museum has 750 vintage and modern motorcycles displayed on walls, two-tiered platforms and just about everywhere you look. The bikes are displayed randomly, rather than by date and year, adding an element of unpredictability to the viewer's experience.
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We've visited the museum several times in the past. It's always a treat. A very nice facility with a mind boggling number of motorcycles. There must be thousands. This trip was to the track for a SCCA race. The staff is professional and courteous. Parking and viewing areas are spacious and well marked. Clean restrooms. This will make you a motorsports fan, if your not already. Had a great time.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I drove a little over seven hours hoping to see just the Lotus sports car part of the museum. I arrived with only 20 minutes left, but plenty of time to see the small part of the collection, but I was told no tickets after 5:30 and no options except wait till 10 amthe next day to see what I know will take me no more than 30 min to review. I was really turned off. I would have paid full price for the look, but the young lady said no options, just wait till we open. I have no interest in the extensive motorcycle exhibit, but would have loved to see the Lotus elite and elans. I was really disappointed by their inflexible attitude.
Darrel Dore
Pawleys Island

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is an amazing, specially, constructed building showing a mind-boggling array of motorcycles and Lotus cars. Five floors. Many bikes show the name and year, country, engine, ignition, power rating, bore/stroke, displacement, valves, fuel systems, transmission, suspension, brakes, weight, and top speed. I'm not a gear head but you could review this collection in incredible detail, if desired.

My two sons (both engineers) loved this place. Unique display and of large scope.

Could spend a couple of hours or all day.

1  Thank Trek-Always
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Brilliant, awesome, I was not a car/bike enthusiast until we visited here, so much to see, such friendly staff, just a brilliant display,even got a discount entry having a RAC card, well worthwhile to visit. Restrooms the cleanest and most spacious seen anywhere.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We took our son and grandson here, they really did not want to go because they thought it would just be a few motorcycles and cars. They were very surprised of 5 floors of motorcycles starting with a wood and leather one to current. Also a lot of good race cars. They even got to see some cars racing the day we were there. They loved it.