“Ample, convenient parking”
Review of Kelly Ingram Park

Kelly Ingram Park
Ranked #14 of 93 things to do in Birmingham
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to vivid sculptures of the Children's Crusade.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ample, convenient parking”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Ample, convenient parking, and easy to access. This is a park designed to tell a story, and the statues along with their placement tell this story adequately.

Visited September 2013

Atlanta
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A must see”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Out for a walk, we came across this park and were deeply impacted by the sculpture and informational signs depicting the horrors related to the Children's March and other events in Birmingham during the Civil Rights era. We regrettably could not return when the museum opened, or would have spent time there as well. Made what I had learned from the history books much more real, as it put human faces on the hatred as well as on the courageous.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank SCR-ATL
Philadelphia
105 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“A walk through horror”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I'm a historian. So I enjoyed my visit to the Kelly Ingram Park. I say enjoyed as history is my passion. But really it is a reminder of hateful people. As I strolled around taking pictures I found that the art really brought out the experience. How horrible. When I came to the two children preparing to be hit with high water cannons, my heart sank. How brave these children were. How could any human do this? The only thought I had is hate. What this poor town went through for their fight for freedom. An man came over to me and showed me where the best shot was for the sculpture. I looked through my lens and hesitated - I saw terror. Taking pictures didn't matter anymore. I stood in prayer for a moment, then turned to the old fellow who showed me where to stand for my picture and gave him $10. I ask him, did you witness this? And he replied yes. I gave him a big hug and said bless you, he said bless you back. He turned as is he really didn't want to speak of it, slowly walked back to his bench and smiled and told me to go have a good time. He reminded me of my grandfather (RIP). I gave him a gentle smile back and told him to take care of himself. I think that moment was my favorite moment of my whole trip.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank WorryFreePhilly
Boston, Massachusetts
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Walk the Footsteps of History”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Follow the marked route and stop at statues depicting scenes from the Civil Rights Movement. What an incredible experience to walk in the footsteps of all the brave people who marched to make life better for themselves and the world. There was a beautiful fountain also. Plenty of places to sit and reflect on the events that occurred there.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank dporcello
Saint Peters, Missouri
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“nice”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

It is beautiful. Love all the information/ history statues all through it. Landscape is gorgeous. Love the waterfall, too.

Visited July 2013