Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Ranked #4 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The reason I choose the Hamptons is clean beds and a good breakfast. Most Hampton hotels are very well located and the ones in locations that are not good have good security. In the many time I have been in Hampton hotels I have never found reasons to think that beds were not clean or have not been changed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2014

Thanking you for taking time to give feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Your comments are very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the complimentary On the House breakfast and our Hampton Dream Structure beds. We hope to see you again

Write a ReviewReviews (1,117)

Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was hesitant about staying here. Valet parking of around 20.00 per day. I ended up parking at a meter very close to the hotel. There was no pressure from the hotel staff to valet park as I anticpated. One of the rooms I had smelled very musty. A very unplesant smell. I can not believe that the hotel was not aware of the problem. To their credit when I called them they immediately offered to move me. They upgraded my room which was very nice. Yes, I would come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you as our guest. We apologize that you had a less than perfect stay with us. We will share your experience with our team, in order to use as a training tool. I am pleased that you enjoyed your upgraded room.

Please contact me if you would care to share more information, or if I can assist in any way. We hope to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

We stayed in this hotel one night in April 2014. When we approched the hotel drive up, it was obvious old charm, but when I went inside the lobby I felt like I was back in Savannah laying under the weeping trees, but with a little contemporay flair. My stay was very nice and cozy. I had no annoyances at all, and to our suprise, we were right within walking distance from our convention spot which was great. However, I must mention that your only option for parking is valet. I really don't like paying for valet parking and that's definately something I would suggest they get rid of. OVERALL EXPERIENCE WAS REALLY GOOD.

Room Tip: My room was very quiet on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We were delighted to have you as our guest and pleased you enjoyed your overall stay in our conveniently placed historic hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 16, 2014

This is a beautifully restored historical hotel. The accommodations were delightful. Depending on where your room is located you may look down and observe a wedding in progress. This location is within walking distance of several attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review and sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor Community. We were delighted to have you as our guest and pleased you enjoyed your stay in our historic hotel. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel has a great staff and a great location. The hotel is 100 years old. The hallways are wide. The lobby was large and full of history and southern flavor The hotel is historical, been around a good while, and they have done a good job of giving you a taste of where you are and a sense of those that have been there before you. My room was large and the whole place was just comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We are glad to know you enjoyed your stay and that our hotel location and great staff contributed to the success of your stay. We look forward to your return so that you may enjoy another great stay here at the Tutwiler Hotel!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Beautiful building. But it lacks the grandeur, it could easily have had. Personel is friendly but with a distance. This building is more than a workingspace. The rooms are good. The bed was great. No complaints whatsoever. The hotel just misses that little extra. The bartender was the great exeption. We shared our memories on 9/11. He really gave us the feeling of being in a friends' place. Thank you. And very important the food was really good. Nice crabcakes and a nicely grilled fish.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michieldekoning
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I chose to stay at this Hampton Inn Downtown in Birmingham Alabama. Its called the Tutwiler. Great place in a nice part of downtown. Historic type building. Beautiful. Stayed here one night while at a TKD tournament at the Jeffereson Center within walking distance. Continental Breakfast was great. The workers at the facility were very friendly and the rooms were absolutely nice.....and just what you would suspect coming from a Hampton Inn overnight stay. would suggest this location as a perfect stay if you are in need of being in downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family