Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
Hampton.com
Comfort Inn(Birmingham)
$84
ComfortInn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
$90
$129
$110
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$76
La Quinta
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$89
$85
Hotels.com
$100
1,193 results
All reviewshistoric hotelvalet parkingfront deskvalet staffmodern amenitiesart museumwedding partycomplimentary breakfastthe hotel staffshuttle servicesouthern hospitalityroom was spaciousbusiness tripwould stay here againbreakfast staffthe entire staffconvention center
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stay at Hanpton Inns and Suites because it is usually very family friendly. I took-my family with me for this trip but it did not have the frig and microwave that I was use to. I guess I have become so use to this in my past trips. It was a good hotel regardless, and the breakfast was pretty good.

Room Tip: Great location downtown, not the best for families
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you so much for writing this nice review. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the breakfast. I apologize you did not have a refrigerator or microwave in your room. We truly value your comments, all the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve, as these give us the opportunity of improving the quality and services we offer. I hope you choose to stay with us again when your plans bring you to Birmingham.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Check-in Check-out was great. Valet service was prompt and friendly. Room was excellent - clean and comfortable. First level bar/restaurant not so good. Average food, high prices, and extremely slow and unattentive service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I would like to firstly thank you for the time to share your experience at our hotel. We are very pleased to hear that liked the friendliness of the staff and that your room was clean and comfortable to your liking. I apologize that the service in the restaurant could not fulfill your expectations and we hope that this will not deter you to visit the hotel in the future. Thank you again for visit the Tutwiler Hotel and kind regards for you!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I chose this hotel due to the location in relation to the BJCC. It is within walking distance and is a very nice place to stay. The beds are amazing and the staff was accomodating. This is the second time that I have stayed here and will do so in the furutre. The hampton line of hotels have always been good to me.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Roxanne O, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the room amenities and our Southern hospitality. Thank you for choosing the Tutwiler Hotel as your preferred accommodation during your business trip we look forward to your next visit soon.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

...It got a lot better very quickly. After my girlfriend and I checked in, we began to settle into our standard king room when the smoke detector began beeping as though it needed service. I called the desk and they didn't know what to do because their maintenance staff had all left for the day so they offered us another room. It was somewhat annoying to pack everything back up, but not as annoying as the regular beeping. I went down to exchange the keys and the attendant at the desk informed me that she had given us a complimentary upgrade to make up for the trouble. The upgrade was to an amazing king suite. I didn't even ask for an upgrade but they provided one anyway! The staff were courteous and everything was in excellent working order. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in downtown Birmingham.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for telling us about your recent trip with your girlfriend. I want to apologize for the inconvenience of the smoke detector disturbing you. I am so happy that you and you enjoyed your upgraded room. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. I will pass this feedback on to our staff. They always enjoy hearing good feedback about their service. Thank you for your time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Hotel is very inviting and staff is great. Location is good, we walked to a few restaurants during our 3 night stay. Breakfast area was great as was the breakfast selections. Fitness is state of the art. Would definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful review! It makes us happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us! We greatly appreciate your compliments on the hotel’s courteous staff, great service, fitness room, complimentary breakfast spread and the wide variety of restaurants in the area and also the convenience of the location.

Thank you for recommending the Tutwiler Hotel!