Hampton Inn & Suites Birmingham Downtown - The Tutwiler
  • Breakfast included
Tourway Inn(Birmingham)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,181 results
All reviewshistoric hotelvalet parkingfront deskvalet staffmodern amenitiesart museumwedding partycomplimentary breakfastthe hotel staffshuttle servicesouthern hospitalityroom was spaciousbusiness tripwould stay here againbreakfast staffthe entire staffconvention center
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Spent the weekend as part of wedding party. Nice rooms, we had a suite, very reasonable. Breakfast was typical Hampton fare, not bad. Only issue is AC, room was on 65 and was still humid (don't tell me I'm in the South); lobby was also warm ( this I asume because the outsides doors were constantly open.) Staff was friendly, place was quiet, of course it was a weekend...

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 16, 2013

This historic hotel is attractive and the room we had was very spacious, nicely furnished with huge windows. I appreciated the note left for us that the duvet covers had been laundered, in addition to the sheets and pillow cases. It does feel odd that there is no complimentary water bottles but they are for sale down I the lobby. The common areas are attractivethis wifi is free and the hotel art interesting. Our dinner at the hotel's restaurant -The Century - was good and our waitress was excellent. My peeve is that someone has done a poor job training the very young hotel staff. The young woman who checked us in did not smile one time. When we returned from dinner we asked about a later checkout and she told us unsmiling to ask in the morning. The other funny thing was the very sweet young man who parked our car wasn't sure about our luggage. It was sitting in the back seat and he asked me "did you want me to get that for you?". I smiled back and "yes, I do.". He removed it clumsily and then handed it to me. And, finally, there was another young staff member chatting noisily on her cell phone in the hall outside our room. None of these things would ruin anyone's stay but it shows a of training. And yes, the towels could be thicker. Hilton - don't squander this nice hotel by ignoring the details!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

I selected this hotel because of its close proximity to Riverwalk Stadium. Not only was the stadium a short 3 minute walk, but I could see the field from my room on the 7th floor. The Renaissance Hotel across the street is newer and grander, but if you enjoy an older hotel that has been updated but retains some of its charm, this hotel is worth considering.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Safe, cozy, quiet. All around good choice. Breakfast not as good as some Hamptons, but adequate. No drinking water in the rooms- had to purchase. Shower was not hot. Friendly staff, Great valet service.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A hotel that has seen better days, could do with quite a lot of renovation, everything has been reduced to the cheapest level, from lobby to small towels. Everyone works hard to help, but not enough staff. Breakfast included in room price but limited choice and poor presentation. Poor value.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family