“Fantastic Hotel”

SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed December 2, 2009

We've stayed here twice in the past year. It's just a little over a year old. We stayed in a suite with a king bed. It's very spacious and comfortable with free Wi-fi and wet bar with mini-fridge and microwave. The staff remembered us from our previous visit. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a relaxing retreat when traveling.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 13, 2009

I recently stayed at Springhill Suites just off of Hwy 280 in Birmingham and I must say I was pleasantly surprised. For the $79 rate I was expecting the usual cheap hotel experience, but the attention to detail in this price range was stunning. The lobby was huge and comfortable, the room was super clean with one of the more comfortable beds I've slept on, huge flat screen HD TV and even a nice breakfast area with a refrigerator and microwave. I must say, at first I thought the staff was just average, but later that night I met Ben and he was fantastic! I had kept my keys next to my cell phone so I guess they got deactivated, so I called him from the phone by the elevator and he had new ones up within a minute. He was so gracious and apologetic. I even tried to tip him and he turned my money down! The hotel was nice indeed, but it was Ben that will keep me coming back to Springhill. 5 stars!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 31, 2009

This is the best hotel I have stayed in in Birmingham. The decor was very ART DECO and the furniture was new and immaculate. You walk in and there is a living room with a sofa, two chairs, and a coffee table and end tables. There is also a desk and chair with instructions for Wi-Fi. To the left of the living room is a refrigerator, microwave, cabinets, and sink.

Walk forward and there is a HUGE comfortable bed and next to it is a closet with an ironing board and iron. To the left of the bedroom is a bathroom that has the vanity separated from the toilet/shower area.

This was a VERY nice hotel. I don't know if I will stay here again though. I couldnt' sleep because of the traffic. Imagine sleeping on a sidewalk outside, this is exactly what my experience was like staying at this hotel.

On another note: It was Halloween so I got free Barbecue and drinks. Also, for breakfast, you can make waffles, have scrambled eggs, cereal, toast, etc..

If you decide to stay here, ask for a room away from the traffic. If such a room is not available, I advise you NOT to stay here. I wasted money staying here to sleep when I couldn't sleep at all.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank beachtraveller2009
Reviewed October 21, 2009

Customer service was horrible, could hear every noise from the hallway, overpriced for the experience. Could be a nice hotel if things were changed. Marriott should be more involved because their other chains don't operate this way.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank chattanoogamom73
Reviewed October 20, 2009

We had a great experience at this hotel.
Our room had a king in a separate area from the sofa sleeper, desk, and kitchenette. We really liked the spacious feel this set up gave. The room was in perfect condition. We loved the innovative lighting--you will have to stay there yourself to see what I mean.
The free breakfast was good and set up well to handle the crowds. There was a soccer tournament with 143 teams and many were at this hotel, but it was still quiet.
It is very hard to find this hotel from the direction we came from and the fact it was dark made it harder. You go through a business complex and then another hotel to get to it. It sits almost at the back end of a strip mall then office complex, fields, and other hotel. You can see it from the highway, but getting to it took us 2 phone calls and about 15 minutes once we had seen it. Some signage would be a great idea. If we did not have reservations, we would have given up and stayed somewhere else.
The room was great, service great, loved the decor. Will definitely chose this hotel again.
Our team were all very pleased.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 20, 2009

Stayed at Springhill Suites over a long weekend. Price was great, breakfast was fine and the hotel is very clean. Rooms on the highway side are noisy, so ask to stay on the other side. My husband got sick in the middle of the night and Judy at the front desk made us hot tea with honey and lemon. Did the trick. Thank you Judy! Will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2009

My husband I stayed for 4 nights to attend the Barber Vintage Motorcycle Museum and festival in nearby Leeds, AL. The hotel has plenty of free parking and the rooms were clean and had a mini refrigerator a bonus! Overall, it was clean and convient place to stay, however it was noisy from the expressway at night. The weekend was very busy and the hotel was sold out, however the breakfast was much to be desired. The staff has difficulties keeping the food and coffee during the breakfast hours. So, my husband and I went to a local breakfast place instead. Overall, if not spending much time at the hotel it's perfect, however don't count on breakfast. Also, the staff wasn't very knowledgable about area attractions or shopping when I inquired. I was glad we had out GPS to locate area attractions, shopping and directions.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple