SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade
$209
Westin.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Homewood(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$76
La Quinta Inn & Suites Birmingham Hoover(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$72
$97
$90
$119
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Birmingham / Inverness(Birmingham)(Great Value!)
$104
$86
$100
Travelocity
All reviewscomfortable sitting areaan odd numbered roomquiet sidegold's gymturkey sausagebusiness parkwafflesa marriott rewards memberexcellent roomlight sleepershopping and restaurantssoccer tournamentconvenient locationoffice parkfront desk staffwi fishort drive
Reviewed September 8, 2008

Hotel is fairly new and well-maintained. Rooms are adequately sized but sofa is not really comfortable. Pillows are way too soft.

We had one minor housekeeping issue, but this was quickly and graciously rectified.

Breakfast was OK.

I would stay here again--but I'd bring my own pillow.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We stayed two nights at the Springhill Suites Birmingham Colonnade. Every employee that we encountered from the front desk to the housekeeping staff were friendly and professional.

Since the hotel is brand new, everything is clean and in tip-top shape. The lobby and breakfast area are both brightly decorated and inviting. There are plenty of tables and seating available. Both areas have flat-panel televisions so you can catch up on the news or weather while you are eating or waiting in the lobby. The breakfast was great. It consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, assorted cereals, bagels, breads, sweet rolls, yogurt, oatmeal, and fruit. There were also several juice selections, milk, and coffee. (Coffee is available in the lobby 24 hours/day.)

The suite was on the small side, but it was arranged to make use of every inch of floor space. The living area had a sofa, chair, desk, and small tables. It also had a small kitchen area with a sink, microwave, and mini-refrigerator. There was one LCD television that could be turned for use in the living or sleeping areas. The bathroom was a standard hotel size and the vanity area was separate. The room contained two small closets as well.

We did not have time to use the outdoor pool or exercise equipment. However, we went into the fitness area and I was really impressed. Eventhough the area was small, each piece of equipment had it's own small LCD television.

The main drawback from this hotel stay was that the hotel was hard to find. There are several hotels in the area, but the Springhill Suites did not have any signs on Highway 280 indicating it was in the area. Since it is new, the green highway/interstate signs haven't been updated to include it, but the Marriott should have some type of signage in place. Other than that, I have no negative comments.

Overall, the Marriott Springhill Suites Birmingham Colonnade offered a great hotel at a competitive rate.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2008

I was in Birmingham for work and stayed at the SpringHill Suites. I found the hotel to be very comfortable, clean, and modern. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The gym was not bad for a hotel - a bike, treadmill, elliptical, and a small weight machine. There is also a Gold's gym nearby. The hotel room was great - a very comfortable bed, plenty of room, and it had a mini fridge and microwave. The only downside is that the 1/2 the rooms face the highway and the truck noise is LOUD. Initially they had put me in a room that faced the hwy, but I immediately asked for a room on the quiet side of the hotel on the top floor, and they moved me with no problem. The hotel is in a nice part of town with a Whole Foods a short distance away. I would definitely stay there again on another trip to Birmingham.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2008

What a great hotel! I was in Birmingham with my two daughters on a Saturday evening, and this hotel was a real find. It is brand new and in tip top shape. Fresh decor, spacious rooms, an excellent fitness area for this type hotel, and quite a large pool. My daughters swam twice in the pool and also enjoyed exploring the peaceful setting of the hotel within the Colonnade office park. One of the best features of the Springhill Suites was its proximity to the wonderful Summit Shopping Center, just on the otherside of the interstate. We have a new favorite hotel when we visit Birmingham - you can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2008

After spending a full day of house hunting, we decided during a late dinner to spend the night in Birmingham vs. driving 2 hours home. So naturally, we headed back to Springhill Suites.

Upon arrival, we told them we didn't have a reservation. No problem! They had plenty of king beds available. We even got the weekend rate which was the same amount as the last time we stayed. The staff was very helpul even with our requests for items we did not bring for our unplanned overnight stay.

We had room 118 - nice perk to be on the 1st floor! The room was clean and just as accommodating and appealing as the other one.

The only issue we had with the room was we heard throughout the night the traffic on highway/interstate. I'm a light sleeper, but when my husband commented about it, too, I knew it wasn't just me. Recommendation: stay on the other side of the building if you are a light sleeper!

Like last time, they had a variety of items for the continnental breakfast - even for picky eaters!

Clean facilities, helpful staff, nice breakfast included, great pricing, and close to the Summit shopping area and restaurants. What more could you ask for?

Springhill Suites was a welcome sight for these two weary customers! If needed, we will return and would recommend this establishment to anyone!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple