“Excellent room, breakfast, service”

SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade
Ranked #30 of 79 Hotels in Birmingham
Mobile, Alabama
“Excellent room, breakfast, service”
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my families fifth time staying in this hotel. Every year we ride the Polar Express Train in Calera, AL. We choose this hotel because it is close to the Summit Mall- great for Christmas shopping.

The room was spotless as usual. Always a comfortable nights sleep.

The front desk clerk even helped me out with our elf on the shelf. She played up the whole thing when my son discovered that Chippey was hiding from him by the Christmas tree.

Always a yummy breakfast. They were swamped this weekend with a huge bus of volleyball players, then a huge group of cheerleaders... They did an excellent job of keeping the breakfast bar stocked despite the huge crowds.

I can't brag enough about this hotel! See you again next year!

Stayed December 2013
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words, we look forward to your trips each year and seeing everyone. Becky so much enjoyed being a part of the fun with Chippey, when I walked up and saw him sitting at the tree she filled me in and was looking forward to the fun already she could barely stand it.
I will be sure to tell her about your posting on Trip Advisor.

Looking forward to next year!!!!!

tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Crestview, Florida
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We were in town for a Doctor's appointment and chose SpringHill Suites-Colonnade for proximity and because it is a Marriott property. The front desk staff were courteous and cheerful. I requested and received two king suites, SpringHill Suites is good at things like that! The rooms were clean and the hotel was not noisy. The workout area had everything I needed to start off my day. I couldn't eat or drink anything that morning but my wife and daughter said the food selection and quality was very good. I am going back to Birmingham in December and will stay at SpringHill Suites-Colonnade.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is just fine. Friendly staff and clean rooms. Breakfast was fine. Hot coffee and waffles, bagels, etc One think they should improve is the fitness area. Cramped, old machines, TVs that don't work. Spend a few grand and get some new equipment.

Stayed November 2013
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback, we always love to hear what our guest have to say and I will pass on your comments to our staff and will have the engineering department look into the TV's in the fitness center.

With Warmest Regards

Tim
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed one night in this hotel. My suite was clean, comfortable and well appointed. It consisted of a living room, bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette. The continental breakfast was more than enough. This is a good hotel to stay in.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words, we love hearing about our guest experiences. I will be sure to pass on to the staff your comments and we look forward to seeing you the next time you come back to Birmingham.

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel was in very good condition- lobby looked immaculate- Front desk agent that checked us in was great- gentleman that worked at night. He changed our room after I found several hairs in the bathroom. The next room was perfect. He handled the problem well, and I would commend him if I were the GM and encourage the housekeeping team to pay closer attention to details. Breakfast was good and well stocked even though there was a tour group eating the same time my sons and I went down to eat- the breakfast attendant was on top of things! Great experience and I will stay there again next time I need a room in Birmingham.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Chad_Armistead1001
timlangley, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for taking time to give us your comments, I will be sure to pass them on to the staff and I will follow up with the housekeeping supervisor on our failure to insure your room was not perfect as that is our goal.

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night on Oct 4 in Room 214. The hotel was a little hard to find using GPS. There was a lot of highway noise during the night that bothered both of us. Even though we both worked earlier in the day and then drove eight hours to arrive at 11:00 p.m., we kept waking up during the night due to the too firm bed and the highway noise.

The room was large and my wife really liked the layout of it.

Room Tip: Stay on the side of the hotel away from the highway to help keep down street noise.