“Try This SpringHill Suites”

SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade
Ranked #33 of 80 Hotels in Birmingham
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Once we found this lovely hotel we were thrilled with it. Turn at the Hampton Inn!! We had never stayed at this brand and were impressed. Our two room suite was big and very well kept. The morning breakfast was a hot buffet and good. We were near restaurants to eat the evening meal. The front desk people were helpful and did a lot for us.

Room Tip: Get a room looking away from the interstate
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Birmingham Colonnade

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I recently stayed here for a friends wedding. Our room was big (comfortably fit 4 girls and ALL OUR STUFF for a wedding). We also had a handicap room, which made for a little extra room (bigger bathroom with tub bench!).

The staff was wonderful. Breakfast was great. and It was close to the other wedding hotel (the Hilton) and other events of the wedding.

Room Tip: Handicapped room=bigger bathroom
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I stay in Birmingham 5+ nights per month. I have tried most of the Marriott brand hotels in Birmingham and this location is my top choice based on value, location, cleanliness, and consistency. It's not a 5-star hotel but it provides a clean room, comfortable bed, working air conditioning (fan is good), good internet speed, and nice working space.

I do suggest that you get a room at the front of the hotel, especially for light sleepers, since the interstate is closeby. The breakfast is typical for other SpringHill Suites - nothing great but good enough. I've never had a problem with the staff who are usually very helpful.

As a Platinum Rewards member, I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Birmingham for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Front of Hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My family was in town one night for a sporting event. I made reservations on Marriott's website using a free night certificate. As always, I requested extra towels, pillows & in this case a rollaway bed & low floor near an exit. I know they saw the extra notations because we were given a room on the first floor right near the side exit and none of the other rooms near us were occupied. However, there were no extra towels, pillows, or a rollaway in the room. As it turned out, there was no room for anything extra so I let the bed slide. The "suite" concept is good, but they fill the space with SO much furniture, you can barely move in the sitting area. During our stay, sometimes our keys would work and other times they wouldn't. Not sure if this was a key or lock issue but it was pretty irritating. I warned my husband that other reviewers said it was hard to find and that he should turn at the Hampton sign, but our GPS said otherwise and he chose to follow it. Needless to say, he had to loop back and I got to say "I told you so". I like that the property is tucked away but not sure I would like being outside at night if he hadn't been with us. It is by no means in a bad area...just secluded...?? My biggest complaint was the bed. I prefer a firmer bed but this one was like sleeping on a board for me. My husband said he slept fine but my back ached most of the following day.
On the upside, the hotel and room were clean and nice(but again, cramped). There was plenty of parking and the grounds were well kept. There were enough breakfast items to satisfy my picky bunch and the limited contact we had with staff was pleasant enough. The outdoor pool was a decent size and the kids enjoyed it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the ground floor facing the interstate (and pool) but had no noise issues.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I like this hotel on the other side othe interstate from the Summit. It is fairly new and is Marriott property. They have little wetbars in them and a sitting area. I staying in one for about a month and really enjoyed the stay. I didn't get too claustrophobic. The breakfast is a nice hot meal. The little business center is not much but does the trick. The same can be said for the fitness center. The staff is very cordial and the property is well maintained. The hotel is near the interstate.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the interstate side you will here the road.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda M
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The hotel appears to have been renovated or is fairly new. The lobby and breakfast area are ample and comfortable. The rooms are a bit on the smaller side for a Suite but are clean, comfortable and nicely decorated. The staff are all very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to traffic noise, ask for a room away from the traffic side of the Hotel. I did...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2012

The hotel is fairly new and pretty nice. It's a little hard to find -- the sign off of Colonnade Parkway is hard to spot. Reception is very friendly. However they have a "green" thermostat that keeps the rooms at 80 degrees if nobody's in for "a long time". So, my room (during an Alabama summer) was very uncomfortable for nearly an hour until the A/C could catch up. While hotels strive to give you a "warm welcome," this one was a little too literal. Perhaps they could send someone to trip the system before a guest arrives?

Room Tip: The top floor is probably warmer than the rest, so during the summer, I'd stay away from that.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business