“Great music venue with good food”
Review of Bottletree - CLOSED

Bottletree
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: BottleTree is a cafe, bar and live music venue with an emphasis on national touring acts, that serves an eclectic mix of food that caters heavily to vegetarians featuring locally grown, seasonal vegetables.
Birmingham, AL
“Great music venue with good food”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is one of the must-go places for great local music in Birmingham. It is owned by musicians so the stage is nice and the sound quality is excellent. It is a very cozy, friendly kind of place. Surprisingly, for a place like this, it also has an excellent kitchen serving a variety of meals at reasonable prices. If you're a musician and play here, they have a superb, spacious and comfortable backstage area to chill our before the show. Recommended!

• Visited December 2012

Grass Valley, California
“Hipster friendly, good vegan options”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I cannot believe this place is in Birmingham, Alabama. Felt like I was in one of the younger hipper hoods in NYC, Mpls, or Chicago. Walls are papered with a thousand concert photos and pictures of musicians. Live music several nights of the week. Good vegan options including housemade black bean burger. If I were being picky I'd say that the salsa and chips were really lame. Local beers on tap.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Bezus
Birmingham, AL
“Really enjoyed their Sunday brunch”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Bottletree has one of the best vegetarian menus I've seen in Birmingham. I'm personally not vegetarian, but I wanted to pass along that information. I had been to Bottletree for a live music performance and loved the campy decor as well as the friendly efficient bartenders. When a rare Sunday off came up, we decided to check out their brunch. It's set up so you order at the counter and they bring the food to your table when it's ready. When the item I wanted from the brunch menu wasn't available, they also showed me a menu of specials I hadn't noticed before. Seeing Shrimp With Fried Grit Cakes sealed the deal for me. They were seriously much better than I even expected them to be. The shrimp were perfectly cooked, the sauce was divine, and excellent for bread dipping. I wish I could remember what my friend ordered. It was from the regular brunch menu and it was good, but not spectacular. We also ordered a side of sweet potato biscuits that they serve with fresh fruit and honey butter; although they were yummy in my shrimp sauce, too. Very highly recommended. We got there around 11:30 with very little wait, but I was told that they often fill up quickly, so an arrival at 11am when they open or after 1pm would most likely yield the shortest wait.

• Visited July 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great venue - helpful staff”
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great music venue - staff was nice. The decor is a bit campy, but it has real character.
The food is fresh - and fairly priced. This is an outstanding place for music and drinks.

• Visited February 2012
Alabama
“Sunday brunch was great”
Reviewed November 6, 2011

We go to Bottletree frequently to see bands (it's a great music venue) but I had never eaten there. We heard about their Sunday brunch and decided to try it. It was wonderful! Unique menu and everyone in our party loved their food. Service was quick and friendly We'll be back for brunch soon.

• Visited November 2011