“Excellent hotel, very happy with my choice”
Review of Christian's Hotel

and 1 more site!
Christian's Hotel
Ranked #1 of 467 Hotels in Luoyang
Reviewed May 30, 2014

Thank you fellow Tripadvisor reviewers for your advice on this hotel! We live in Beijing and made a three day trip to Luoyang with our visiting parents and our 1 year old daughter. I decided to book something more luxury than we normally would. Despite the good reviews, I was expecting a mediocre Chinese hotel, but it exceeded our expectations. Check in was very friendly, and we even received a cute gift for our daughter (as well as the usual Chinese adoring smiles for our baby girl of course). We booked an executive room and a double room. They faced each other, so we could sit and chat with our parents on the comfy design sofas in one room while our baby slept peacefully in the other room (we brought the baby monitor). The breakfast buffet was amazing, and the staff came over with a baby bath upon request (even a changing table could be provided if im not mistaken). It was wonderful to come back to the hotel after sightseeing and have a drink from the supermarket-priced minibar. Downsides? Only a very minor one comes to mind, which is that the restaurant closes after dinner, and we could not have a drink on the top floor later in the evening (9.30). Helpful staff directed us to a Chinese nightclub nearby, which was an experience all by itself. I'd almost go back to Luoyang just for the hotel :)

Room Tip: The executive rooms are huge and very nice with couches. We liked the modern design with white leath...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

This new hotel is a big surprise for our 3 days stay in Laoyang. Lots of details showing caring of customers' need. Unexpected high quality standard and extremely friendly services from all staffs. Lovely decoration and layout. Treats and drinks of Mini Bar are not much expensive than super market. We enjoy our stay and will definitely come back!!!

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Agnes A
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a design hotel! I love it when fashion, good taste, beautiful interior design and genuine friendliness meets and this was the place this happened! The breakfast buffet was huge! The staff speaks a little English (good enough) but that is already very, very good for Luoyang (trust me I lived in China for more than 15 years.)

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was staying at Christain yesterday and I found I might leave my phone on the taxi. Every receptionists and service crew were thinking all the possible ways to spot the taxi and call the taxi to get it back. Just like it is their own phone. I truly feel touched for their helpful and devoted attitudes towards my problem. Feeling there are a lot of nice people out there especially when I m on the road. truly appreciated!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel rooms are very well decorated, but their service level in the hotel is what makes this place really unique.

Add there the wide range of breakfast dishes and the pick up drop off service and you know why you don't need to look for another place to stay.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed December 27, 2013

It was a very nice place. The only negatives were that lobby and 18th floor were always kept at frigid temperatures, and the mattress was too soft for my taste. Also, there were enough tchotchkes in my room as to think that someone's Jewish grandmother decorated it. :) I did REALLY appreciate the humidifier and air purifier, but if I wasn't travelling solo, there would be no place to put another suitcase.

The bathroom was spectacular, especially the bathtub. It came in quite handy after a long day walking and being able to soak with a lovely glass of wine was something I really looked forward to.However, it is BYO bath crystals/bath salts. I found some at the mall next door for 18 RNB, which was well worth it.

All in all, it was an incredibly lovely hotel, and I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 3, 2013

If you're going to spend the night in Luoyang, I highly recommend this hotel. Our room was more of a suite than a room. Staff incredibly friendly. Great bathroom, great amenities and they even gave me an adorable umbrella as a good-bye gift since it was raining. The buffet breakfast was one of the best meals we've had so far in China! My only criticism: we didn't know that we should ask for a non-smoking room so our room was a smoking room. I'm not sure if they have non-smoking rooms but if so, they should offer this to people (especially Westerners) at checkin.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple