“Always enjoy this stop in Bessemer”

Los Sombreros Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 94 Restaurants in Bessemer
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 2, 2013

When passing through the area we always stop at Los Sombreros...never been disappointed! The food is great, the service is excellent, and prices are very good. The restaurant is in the center of a small strip mall.....don't be fooled by this location. If in the area, give it a try as you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Tucked away behind the Texaco station @ exit 108 off rt 20 (5031 Ford pkwy )
is a wonderful Mexican cafe . The food was authentic & great . Nice staff, good value on food & margarita's It was suggested to me by Stacy @ the near by Hampton Inn . What a great find.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Although this restaurant is hidden away in a little strip mall behind a service station, don't judge a book by it's cover. Stepping inside I found it to be very authentic (not that I have been to mexico) and was greeted and seated in a friendly manner. My butt had barely hit the seat when I was given a large basket of corn chips and a bowl of salsa. great stuff as I was feeling hungry. The menu had a lot of choices and there was a good range of specials. They had a special on for margaritas at $2.95 so I decided to try one of those and apart from getting brain freeze a few times it was delicious. I ordered the half roast chicken with special sauce (the waiter couldn't tell me what is was) and it came with tortillas, rice and beens, It arrived on a sizzling plate with some roasted capsicum (peppers) and coriander. The chicken was tender and tasty and went well with the rice and beans. I really enjoyed the meal and my only complaint would be that they used a bot more mexican spice in it. My half roast chicken with rice, beans and tortillas plus frozen margarita set me back about $12.75. The service was fast, friendly and the place seemed pretty clean. There were a few families with kids and they did have a kids menu. All in all I would recommend this place without hesitation. ps: they also did a steady stream of take away (out) orders.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Friendly staff, good food, great price. No tamales though :(

Reviewed July 28, 2011

The customer service is excellent and the food is always fresh, hot and great tasting. Prices are reasonable and we always have enough left over for lunch the next day. Family friendly, non smoking and a great margarita are all great selling points for this locally owned restaurant.