“New favorite place”

Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I read all the wonderful reviews about this hotel before booking but I was still a bit worried I would arrive and be disappointed. Let me just say... believe all the great reviews you read here! I was impressed as soon as I walked in the lobby - the hotel is lovely and the staff is friendly and helpful. The room was much more spacious that I expected - the area for the refrigerator and coffee maker really opens up the room to make it feel less like a hotel room. The lobby and room were clean and well-kept, and the beds were very comfortable. The television had a nice picture, and connection to wireless in the room was seamless. The only trouble we had was really just a minor inconvenience... we had a little trouble with the bathroom floor getting wet because it was a little difficult to get the shower curtain in the correct position. Again - only a very minor inconvenience! Sometimes when I travel, I worry about the safety of the area I stay in because I travel with a small child. The surrounding areas were very nice, safe, and there are several options for restaurants and gas stations. We will definitely come back to visit when we are in the area again. Thank you for a great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
pindergill, Manager at Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

On behalf of Best Western Bessemer we would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay and can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Room was little smelly at first but disappeared after a/c was turned on. Staff was great, very friendly upon check-in and during the stay. Breakfast was very good and it had lots of choices. Would stay there again.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
pindergill, Manager at Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2012

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again real soon. If there is anything we can do for you in the future please don't hesitate to let us know 205-481-1950.

Reviewed September 1, 2012

I have stayed here about 4 times now, I have nothing but good things to say about this place! I'm from Bessemer but have lived in PA for 12 years now so, when I come home to visit I stay here...The staff is great, always pleasant and helpful!! The rooms are so nice , not what I expected at all.....The beds are so comfortable and they have a mini fridge in all the rooms....and a microwave in the rooms too!! The over all experience has been great...Will always stay here, when I come to Bessemer!!! I can't express how nice the staff is here.....By the way ,they have a free breakfast and its really good!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jeremy g
pindergill, Manager at Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

On behalf of all of us here at Best Western Plus, thanks for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. Our number one goal is to make our guests feel at home. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and I want to thank you personally for recomending us to TripAdvisor . We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

From the time I walked in to the hotel i was impressed. The lobby was pretty! The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. They paitently helped sort through rooms for my group of 16. The rooms were big, and spacious. Each room had an iron, ironing board, microwave, and fridge (but no freezer). The beds were AMAZING, and so were the pillows. The rooms were clean for the most part, the tub in the bathroom was dusty. The breakfast food was good, but the juice was watered down, and had a weird taste, and the coffee was a bit weak. The exercise room was very small, it had a treadmill, stationary bike, elliptical, and weight machine (which didn't even have all the attachements). I definitely reccomend this hotel!

Room Tip: TIP: If you eat at applebees you get 10% off your bill for staying at the best western.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
pindergill, Manager at Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Super comfy beds! The hotel was recently renovated, so everything was really nice. The breakfast was a little meager, but if you dot mind a light breakfast, it was sufficient. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012
pindergill, Manager at Best Western Plus Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Was their to see my kids friends family and enjoy myself. Room were very clean and .comfortable . I was close to everyone. Not a lot of run around. At ck in nice front desk. Enjoy my stayed ,will stay again at thjs hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response about our property. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again real soon. Please do not hesitate to call us at 205-481-1950 if there is ever anything we can do for you. Again thank you for your response.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was a very nice location. It was our second stay & their breakfasts are delicious. The staff is very accommodating. We were reserved for 3 nights & had car trouble. They were able to extend our stay even though it was a busy travel time for them.
We had suite accommodations the first time - which was very spacious. Two bed the second & both were clean & modern. Both pool & hot tub functional. Some safety issues need to be addressed on pool ladder. Staff was friendly & attentive.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank PegJim C

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property during your last stay. We recently had most of the hotel renovated and i'm glad to see people notice. One of our main goals at our hotel is to make our guests feel comfortable and make them feel as much at home as we can. We also take pride in our guest relations from our staff to help with your stay. If there is ever anything we can do for you in the future please do not hesitate to let us know by calling us at 205-481-1950. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again real soon!