“Nice place have your AAA card ready to save”

BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice place have your AAA card ready to save”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

A little hard to locate at first, GPS location is way off.

As nice as anyplace in the area and a little cheaper with AAA discount.

• Stayed February 2012
pindergill, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Bessemer Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for your review! We take pride in making our property one of the best in the area in every aspect of your stay with us. Best Western and AAA as well as AARP have always had a good relationship, which is why we are happy to provide discounted rates for AAA and AARP members. We hope we get to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Smyrna, Georgia, United States
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My people and I really fall in love wiyh this hotel. Excellent Front Desk, comfortable stay, special treatment as family from the personal, real professional approach in all issues, everyone should try it. You will love it! Bravo to Matthew and Joanie! Always nice to meet them.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Calumet City, Illinois
Reviewed January 20, 2012

My family visited 5041 Academy Lane. Front Desk: excellent service. Household Staff: magnificent cleaning.Complimentary Breakfast: excellent. Your hotel is top rated. My stay was above and beyond accommodating.I would like to thank management and the staff for the hard work in making this Best Western such a pleasurable stay. Keep up the excellent work.

Room Tip: I really do not know what tips that I could give except that all of the floors seem to be quiet in m...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank juwanna d
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed December 11, 2011

After catching a bad cold while interviewing at UAB, I was too sick/exhausted to make the six hour trip back to Baton Rouge in the evening. I had to make an unexpected stop at the Best Western Plus in Bessemer, where the manager and front desk clerk bent over backward to help and accommodate me. They not only gave me an excellent price on a beautiful room (brand new bedding, mattresses, amenities, etc.) but also got me a discount at one of the four restaurants that were located right next to the hotel. As a graduate student living on loans, their willingness to get me the best price possible was much appreciated. Additionally, the manager noted that I was traveling alone, and put me in one of the rooms closest to the lobby so that I would feel extra safe and could "ask for anything [I] need, no matter what it is." I was able to depart the next morning having slept a full 8 hours and feeling much better. The manager and staff of this hotel made a tough situation much much better. If I am ever passing through Alabama, I will go out of my way to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank LSUgradstudent
Gatlinburg, Tennessee
Reviewed November 20, 2011

This is the first time I stayed here usually stay at Holiday Inns. The hotel is spotless and the staff friendly and professional. The beds with crisp clean duvets and 4 pillows with each bed. Everything kept up not a spot of dirt anywhere in the room. I did not eat at the free breakfast but it smelled wonderful every morning. The staff were courtesy and you could tell this hotel was like a family to its employees it had a great feeling to the whole place. The prices were very reasonable 98.00 for the night on a weekend and well worth it . I will stay there everytime we visit our family as we were very satisfied. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Gulfport, Mississippi
Reviewed November 12, 2011

We have stayed at the Best Western in Bessemer over the past few years. It has become a very convenient way for us to plan our trips knowing it offers everything we need for our stay. Clean updated rooms, great rates, very friendly, helpful staff. We love staying here and love the convenient location - everything nearby - dining, shopping, hospital, etc. Highly recommended. We plan our trip and keep Best Western Plus, Bessemer, AL, exit 108 on our list.

Room Tip: The extra large queen room is great and has an extra seating area.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
Reviewed November 5, 2011

Good updating, excellent beds, great breakfast. All in all, a comfy, worth the $$ stay.

Room Tip: Think any room is a good one ... small hotel, so not an issue as far as I can say/tell.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple