“New Name, it's now Alabama's Splash Adventure Waterpark.”

Alabama Splash Adventure
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Bessemer
More attraction details
Owner description: Making a recent comeback in 2003, this 50-acre entertainment complex has a water park, theme park and game area, including lazertag and a video arcade. Brand new additions to the Splash Beach Water Park are the thrill-a-second Drop Out Speed Slide and the Wavepool and Sandbeach.
Birmingham, Alabama
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 155 helpful votes
“New Name, it's now Alabama's Splash Adventure Waterpark.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

This was my first time there since the "rebranding" of this theme park. I took my wife for her birthday and she loved it. We both had a great time and will definitely go back. The only drawbacks were that some of the eating establishments were not open, and that there were not enough rides, or attractions. I wish they had not gotten rid of the fairground part of the park.

Visited July 2013
6 Thank KenS7

Columbus, MS
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great day and great price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had a GREAT day as a family here. If you show a Mississippi ID then you only have to pay $14.95 a ticket - a GREAT price! All of the slides and attractions were working and were well supervised by the numerous life guards. There is something for every age. You are not allowed to bring food or drinks into the park. Food and drinks are overpriced as any amusement park or water park is. We packed a cooler and kept it in our vehicle and ate our lunch outside of the park. They will stamp your hand so you can come back inside if you have to leave. There are eating areas right outside of the park so that you can eat out there. Or - you can run down the road to McDonalds, Burger King, Sonic, or a few other places. We did buy Icees for only $3.00 each. If you buy a refillable cup then all refills are only $2.50. We also loved the sea lion show. It is a must if you have children of any age. It wasn't crowded at all being that we went during the week. There are nice lawn chairs set up all around the park with huge umbrellas over many of them in case you want to stay in the shade. We left all of our personal items on our chairs and everything was fine. Our 8 hours of fun there was a blast! We will be going back here for sure!!

Visited July 2013
5 Thank MrAndMrsHappilyEA
Selma
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Almost perfect day”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My wife, two grandchildren, and I had such a good time at AL Adv last year that we bought season tickets for this year. And I'm glad we did. We will definitely make good use of them this summer. All the rides were open and well supervised. The presence of so many life guards at each pool or ride is evidence that safety is a premium value. Our burger and fries lunch was good, reasonably priced, and better than last year. Our only complaint is that the bathrooms were not clean. And the two days we were there the park was not crowded. So I can only imagine how much worse the bathrooms might be on weekends when it is crowded.

4 Thank Danny S
Vance, Alabama
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“if you live close great escape from heat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

My children and I go every week. We have season passes. It is a great escape from the Alabama heat. The only think negative is that sometimes not everything is open. The zip line was new last summer and is hardly ever open. Would like to see more new things.

5 Thank nikoleham
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Splash Adventure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

There have been many changes over the last few years. Once an amusement park and water park, now it is just a water park. It is a smaller waterpark, but there is plenty to do for a day trip. The wave pool is acceptable. The lazy river can be crowded at times, but my kids love it. There are 2 play area "pools" with smaller slides, waterfalls, dump buckets, etc...one for small children and one for older children and adults. There are a number of slides for all adventure levels. The lines (as with any amusement park) vary on the day of the week you visit. There is also a small sea lion show, wipe out zone (very small) and a water maze. Overall, it is a good water park for one of its size. We have had season passes ($45 each) for two years in a row.

The food is typically priced, typical amusement park food.

I live within 30 minutes of the park so for me it is worth it. Not sure if I would make a special vacation for it, but if you are near or passing close by it is a good waterpark.

5 Thank TammyJoEvans