“Food was good but I'm worried”

Full Moon Bar-B-Que
Ranked #5 of 94 Restaurants in Bessemer
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Full Moon has a long, delicious history of great Southern-style 'que made in the time-honored, traditional way — with quality meats cooked low and slow over a hickory wood-fired pit and spiced with a mouthwatering, award-winning bar-b-que sauce. We are famous for our ribs, pork sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, chicken sandwiches, loaded bbq & chicken bakers and half moon cookies.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Chose to get our food via the drive through and got a show I didn't bargain for. Employees focussed on lewd and crude behavior among themselves rather than performing their jobs. Makes me worried about the care used in preparing our meal. Probably better that we find another location.

3  Thank bdg5556

Reviewed April 18, 2013 via mobile

We ate here a couple weeks back. The atmosphere is awesome! Decorated with sports memorabilia and very clean. The food is good, and was fresh. Huge onion rings and good BBQ sauce. We had pulled pork and brisket platters. The brisket was really good and the fries were also. The platter had plenty of food, but the one negative I had was the price. The two of us ate for $35, which was high in my opinion. I have had as good if not better BBQ in Texas for less, so I am disappointed in the value. But that said, the food is good, the service is good, and the restaurant is clean and appealing. I also recommend the carrot cake--we didn't eat it this visit, but have in the past and it is the best I have ever had!

1  Thank pwk4bama
Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I ate here the other night, and the visit did not meet expectations. I can understand that it was on a Saturday night and that could have been part of the problem. However, it was not that busy inside, most people were using the drive-thru or getting take-out. So when I had to tell the guy taking my order that it was for dine-in, not once, but three times - I could let that slide. The fact that he got my order wrong and he needed to get the manager to override the order and ring me up again, I felt that was poor service. But the thing that made me the most upset, after all of that, was that the food just wasn't as good as Bob Syke's B-B-Q. They gave us huge salads & baked potatoes, but small portions of meat with very little B-B-Q sauce on them. Yet they claim to be "Best Little Pork House in Alabama." I tend to disagree.

4  Thank KenS7