“At least 14 years”

Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

It's at least that long since I was in this restaurant and it was better than I remembered it being. Just good at everything... Pick any item and you won't be disappointed. It's good to be back!

There are newer reviews for Bright Star Restaurant

Reviewed July 26, 2014

When a place has been as good as this one, for as long as it has been excellent, expectations are always high. Today's lunch meal of 2 greek snapppers and tea cost $47 with tax and tip. No dessert. No extras. It just wasn't worth it for the first time in the 45 years we have been eating there. The fish was over cooked, the sweet pototoes overly spiced and the okra didn't seem fresh. We hope it is not slipping as the owners age, and will try it again and submit another review if this visit was a one time event. It is hard to be perfect all the time and we have loved this place for years.

Anastasia C, Manager at Bright Star Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2014

Thank you for submitting a review and sharing your experience. I will review with our staff as we can always get better. Next time feel free to return any portion of your meal which you don't enjoy. We strive to provide value for the price of our fresh snapper. We look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

We can always expect a great meal at the Bright Star! So, we invited a long-time friend to join us for lunch last Wednesday. As always, the food was great! Our server was very congenial and, since we were having a late lunch, she had a bit more time to share great conversation. We each had the snapper throats with our preference of sides. My husband had never heard of snapper throats until our first time to eat together at this great restaurant. Now, this is one of his favorite entrees!! We'll dine there again soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We celebrated an 80th birthday last evening at the Bright Star Restaurant in Bessemer AL. I had requested accomodations that would consider several of our guests wore hearing aids and would need to be able to communicate. Not only were the seating arrangements perfect, but the service was exceptional. We were so well taken care of and the atmosphere was very pleasant.

I have been coming to this restaurant since I was a child and expected the food to be good. It was exceptional. We had various entrees and we all thought ours was as good as it could be. It was not too heavy, but very tasty. Kudos to the Chef. The desserts were spectacular!

Thank you so much for a wonderful evening. There is not one thing that you could have done to make it better.

Of all my travel around the world you remain the Best restaurant on my list. Thank you again.

L Bartlett
Helena AL

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I had spent 11 hours in the car driving from VA to AL. We were exhausted and hungry. We checked into our hotel and asked for a recommendation for dinner. She recommended The Bright Star. We were pleasantly surprised to find an excellent restaurant with great food. My only negative is that it was a bit rundown but then it is 107 year old restaurant currently under renovation. Honestly, it really didn't matter because the red snapper stuffed with crabmeat and topped with jumbo shrimp made it all okay. Oh, and don't miss the Lemon Ice Box Cake - to die for !!! Give it a try if you're in the area or make it a destination, you won't be sorry.