“Back home again at Bright Star”

Bright Star Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Bessemer
Cuisines: Greek, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Bessemer, Alabama
“Back home again at Bright Star”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Ambiance is like I remember our Sunday family dinners at my Grandparenets in Indiana in the 50's and 60's. Back home again....

Bessemer, Alabama
“Fantastic food and service!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The Bright Star has delicious food! The service is always wonderful, too! It is one of our favorite places to eat.

Clanton, Alabama
“Disappointed”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is the first time in about 10 years that I ate at the Bright Star which had always had good food and service in the past. I ordered the salmon and it was dry and way over seasoned especially heavy on the salt. I love salmon and this was probably the poorest I have ever had. Yes, I will give it another try because it was so good when I used to go this restaurant.

1 Thank Steverin065
Anastasia C, Manager at Bright Star Restaurant, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Hi.

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent meal at The Bright Star. I am so sorry you drove all the way from Clanton and our salmon was too salty. The only way we can improve is when our guests share their experiences. What date did you dine? Was it lunch or dinner? I will pass on comments to our staff.

As a way for saying we are sorry and give you a chance to try the salmon, , I would like to email you a $10 certificate if you don't mind sharing your email address.

My email is scbstar@gmail.com.

Thanks again.

Anastasia Craig.
“Loved the place”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Good food and good service!

Only problem we had was we had a gift card and we were not allowed to put the tip on it and we had no cash -- wanting to leave a tip, we had to order a cup of offer, we didn't drink, just so we could pay for it and leave a tip via our Credit Card.

Beer on tap would be nice too.

Decatur, Alabama
“Riverrat "Always look forward to the Bright Star Visit"”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We always look forward to our visits at the Bright Star. Since we live in Decatur which is about an hour + drive away, we don't get to dine there as often as we would like. The primary hosts (Jimmy and Nikki) are always friendly and welcoming and we never get a server who is not both interested in our satisfaction and also very attentive to detail in every way. If you like seafood, the Snapper Almondine is fantastic. Our son always gets the Snapper Throats and the combo meals are outstanding as well. They also offer a shredded slaw as an option to the standard or Greek salad. If in the Bessemer area, you have to give the 'Star' a try.

• Visited May 2014

Been to Bright Star Restaurant? Share your experiences!