“Good enough, no fear”

Ranked #10 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good enough, no fear”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

As a regular to this chain, as well as those in this price-range when on long runs and just need a place to stop for a night, this one was average and fine for $39. Nothing to worry about. It was a little old, first room's TV channels didn't work, but they moved me to another room and it was fine. Checked closely for bugs, did not see a problem, and not bites next morning.

Water pressure was just this side of acceptable (appeared it might not be enough, but had enough pressure that I couldn't complain, could've been better though).

I did have to wipe the toilet seat down, it was obvious the maid did not lift the lid when cleaning, but that was the worst of it, so not a big deal. More than fine for the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank jason d

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bessemer, Alabama
Reviewed April 2, 2014

well when we got to the room , we noticed there were no microwaves or refrigerators in the room, there are what looks like green ozzey material leaking down the door , and are what appear to be high speed blood spatter on the corner of the metal tv turntable , there was very warm water but no hot water at all and the shower is very small round low pressure , the tv only has like 20 channels most are spanish and it has static on all the non digital channels ,the curtains are very thin and sunlight along with street lamp light peeps thru the doors dont lock very well the room is some what clean so i go to the vending machine and find out why there are ni refrigerators they charge 2 bucks a pop for drinks and a 1.25 for a candy bar the machine will only accept one dollar at a time the clerk has only dimes to give you she says the machine might take them it did not accept any of the five i dropped into it so i buy a pack of .75 crackers but gives me two dimes and a nickle in change this hotel is garbage

Room Tip: look im not trying to be funny or anything but i suggest spending the extra 20.00 to stay at the sl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Logan G

Travelers are raving about these Bessemer hotels

Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I got in late and had a early flight, so I only needed a place for 5 hours. Was given a non-smoking room. I did not expect much for 39 bucks but a pup tent would have been better. For a non-smoking room, it smelled like a bar. The carpet was so dirty, I wouldn't walk on it without shoes. The bed sheets were so thin, you could read thru them. The pillow cases had cigarette burns and the bed spread was filthy. All I can say positive about this place was, the heat worked. I refused to shower there and slept in my clothes. Trust me, unless you want to share DNA with every truck driver in the state, don't stay there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank James B
Westminster, California, United States
Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

I work on the road a lot so budget motel is like my 2nd home. I stayed here twice and; This motel by far has excellent value price and cleaned room compared to other indian owner motel along hwy 78.
service: clerks are cheerful and politeness
room: clean and quiet
bathroom: clean
bed: not quite comfortable but clean (probably the mattress)
Overall: good place to stay over night and save some bucks.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Kane N
Parma, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

After checking in the room we went to had no internet and cell phone reception so we changed rooms,having the room for 3 nights we had no hot water for 2 out of 3 nights, the bathroom door didn't close the room was musty and the air conditioning barely worked, the pool was closed it was 86 outside, the TV was all snow the beds were disgusting,bugs,and the best of all the second day I was there I received a call saying that I only had the room for 1 night and I left things in the room and it was going to be removed. I will not stay at a Motel 6 again and the corporation should really look into this disgusting place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all !!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Dale O
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The night person checked us in at 1am tired after a long drive. He knew they had no hot water for two weeks, ice machines broke, and pool had been down for weeks. The manager lied and said all this information is online. She lied, it's not.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank SimmonsSL
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Birmingham- Bessemer, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear SimmonsSL - Thank you for sharing your review. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced due to the lack of hot water, out-of-service ice machine and closed pool during your stay. These issues are certainly not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality. We encourage you to contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Houma, Louisiana
Reviewed July 28, 2013

A friend and I were looking for a reasonably priced hotel and thought we'd found it after reading the reviews here. We were thoroughly disappointed. We were in a non-smoking room with an adjoining room (which was occupied by a young couple). I'm assuming since there were adjoining rooms, that this room was also a non-smoking room. The young couple did not hide the fact that they were smoking in the room, and the smoke entered our room all night from under the door. The bedspread had cigarette burn holes in it, the curtain backs were peeling off and you could see daylight through them, and the bed had the absolute worst mattress I've ever slept on. I could feel the springs, and every time I rolled over I was afraid one would pop out like in the cartoons on TV. If at all possible, avoid this one!

Room Tip: If you want a good room, choose another hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank cinic1960
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Birmingham- Bessemer, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear cinic1960 - We apologize for the room conditions and bed comfort issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.