“Tornado”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #8 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I was staying at this Hotel on Monday the 28th of April when the Tornado came thru. The staff did a great job and kept everyone calm. They got everyone off the upper floors and had them wait in the lobby. First time I have ever been in this type of situation.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Daveydeadeye

Reviewed November 21, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel once before and it didn't disappoint for what we needed. The breakfast each day was really nice and hot and you can make your own waffles! The only thing is the rooms looked like they were half remodeled, the bathroom was nice and so were the freshly painted walls but there were not paintings or mirrors (besides in the bathroom) anywhere. The fridge and microwave looked like they were early 90's but were cleaned and worked decently. The staff here is very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again for sure. I think the rooms will be very nice when they have finished fully remodeling them

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Nikkikins
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Checked in on a football Saturday. Bessemer is about 30 minutes or so from Tuscaloosa when traffic is light. Carla was working at the front desk and promptly recognized my wife and I.
She showed us to our room and apologized about putting us in a handicapped room. On Sunday morning again she was very helpful on checking out. Carla and the staff are outstanding and why we stay with Choicehotels.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank alafans
Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is just about the most average Comfort Inn in which I've ever stayed. They were apparently in the middle of some type of remodel, and the workers were staying on my floor. The trails of dust and mud led to several rooms. I almost didn't stay here, but I decided to go ahead. The room was nice, but nothing special. The night clerk was cordial. The best thing about the hotel was Ezell's Catfish Cabin across the street. Eat there and that will make the hotel stay even better.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank TimZ15
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

The room was a little high for a little more I could have rented a room for a week for what I paid for two days. The breakfast was good just get their early or the biscuits become hockey pucks. It is a easy on and off the interstate with good commerciel parking.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Herpelmike
Reviewed March 18, 2013

My daughter and I stayed just passing through the area! Erica was wonderful checking in! We got hot cookies and a warm welcome. The rooms are outdated to some point but were very clean and smelled awesome!! Check out was a breeze and and the clerk was extremely nice and helpful with directions. Breakfast was good and kept well. Overall I am pleased we stayed here. We will definitely stay here on our way back. Kudos to the manager for the outstanding staff and customer service!

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank Loud24seven
AL180, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you so much for your comments. This makes all of our staff, feel proud to be of service to you. I know we are getting outdated and happy to let you know we are in the process remodeling the entire hotel. Please let us know if we can help out in any future lodging needs.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Could not have been a more pleasant stay. We found this hotel when we were extremely tired. We were allowed to check in early. After about 20 minutes, we received a call from the front desk to confirm everything was ok. It was great...spacious & clean room with a microwave, fridge and safe. We will definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank AmyC522
AL180, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Thank you so much for being our guest and for letting us serve your need for lodging. Thank you so much for your gracious and kind compliments. Your comments are always appreciated.