“Handy Hampton Location”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Bessemer
Huntsville, Alabama
“Handy Hampton Location”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Our Son graduated Friday Night in Tuscaloosa & Hampton Bessemer was our nearest Inn available. Very accomodating personnel with an early check-in granted. Breakfast was good, room was spacious & clean. The TV had all the wanted channels in HD. This location is very handy to I-59/20. Only negative, 1 of 2 elevators was working to get us to the 4th floor.

Room Tip: The disability room worked well for us.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Lynn30620

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I chose this hotel so I would be outside Birmingham and could drive south without a lot of traffic. I like to take the back roads. The only time I drive Interstates is if I have no other choice. I was glad this was such a nice hotel because I decided to stay an additional night due to the chance of severe weather. My room was roomy and comfortable with microwave and refridgerator. Wonderful large television flat screen. Breakfast is ample. Enjoyed the poppyseed bagels. You won't go wrong booking this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thorntown, Indiana
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The hotel, personnel, breakfast, gym were amazing. The bed was so comfortable after our ride and the shower was hot with good water pressure. No complaints...just compliments. We saw the hotel from the highway and it was comforting to see the sign and know that we had arrived. We were greeted the minute we walked through the doors. The handy cart helped with the unloading of our items. The lobby has a beautiful staircase and we found everything within the hotel very easily.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

lancaster, sc
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton many times and it has always been very clean with friendly professional mannered staff. Even while renovating last year, the service and comfort was still the high quality you would expect from a Hampton.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was assigned a room with an electronic key card and arrived at the room to find a naked man in it. Management would only say that mistakes happen. With technology and access control this couldn't happen unless someone working at the hotel gave that person a key. Housekeeping did not finish cleaning and restocking the second room that was assigned. The General Manager's only offer was that mistakes happen.

Do not stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dei G
Photographer4910, General Manager at Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
I sincerely apologize for the unfortunate experience you had during your stay. I am so sorry that the room you were given already had a guest inside. I assure you that this issue rarely occurs; however, I can totally empathize with your situation and sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and inconvenience this caused you.

Again, I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused you and hope that next time you are in town; you consider staying with us again. If I can assist you further, certainly let me know. Thank you
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Stacy @ the front desk was so pleasant in her greeting & so very informative on the area. She also recommended a wonderful Mexican cafe close by for dinner. * see my rest . reviews
The newly smoke free rooms were lovely & Hampton Inn spotless. Would stay here again if in the area .

• Stayed September 2012
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Had to stay here for a few days for training at the Marines site close to the hotel, the rooms were nice though I had to switch rooms in the middle of my stay because of renovations happening, which didn't bother me. My only complaint would be the gym is far too small. But some of the best customer service I have ever seen, a cab company failed to pick me and my friend up for the airport when we were leaving, the women I believe her name was Katherine that worked there repeatedly called them, telling them we are military and need to catch our flight. With an hour before our flight Katherine took us to the airport in her own vehicle to make sure we did not miss our flight. We were both able to make it back home on time because of her and the staff.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business