Hampton Inn Birmingham/Bessemer
  • Pool
  • Free Internet
Sleep Inn(Bessemer)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront desknice snackroom was cleanbreakfast was deliciousfamily reunionwafflesper nightroad tripgreat place to stayeasy accessexcellent staynight staygreat roomenjoyed my staynext morningstaff was very friendlysausage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The room was clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, and the breakfast was yummy. To top it all off, when we were checking in the receptionist asked what we were in town for; we told her we were in town for a Memorial Service. The next morning we found a card slipped under our door that expressed sympathy and offered assistance during our stay for anything we might need. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I flew into Birmingham with plans to travel further south in the state the next day. So, my daughter and I stayed in this hotel for the night. The room was clean and as expected. The only thing I noticed that was odd was the desk did not have a lamp. The receptionist was very friendly and made sure we knew they were currently serving a snack. Applebee's was close by so we had dinner there. I would stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stopped at the Hampton Inn in Bessemer on my way home from New Orleans. There were tornado warnings for days in the area, so I just needed to find a place to stop overnight. It's a lovely property, with a big staircase in the lobby, and a large, bright breakfast room. The room was clean, which is a big deal to me. It has the look and all the amenities of a Hampton Inn. Unfortunately, the property was probably not originally built as a Hampton Inn because the walls were very thin and the plumbing noises from other rooms were evident. People were extremely noisy all evening, slamming doors (to the point where I literally almost jumped out of bed) and running down the halls. I had the air conditioner turned on to mask the noise and I still heard it. That said, by late evening it had quieted down and I was able to get a good night's sleep in the comfy bed with a choice of pillow types. Stacey at the front desk was very welcoming and she's adorable -- a real asset. The breakfast was what you expect from Hampton Inn; I love that they serve real oatmeal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road. It was quiet in the evening, but very busy on a weekday morning and the windows do not afford a lot of noise abatement.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 22, 2012

We arrived late in the evening for a one night stay. We received a warm welcome from the front desk clerk. Hotel is nice and clean. Breakfast has the basic options (waffles, pastries, cereal, cheese omelet).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Unfortunately the purpose of my stay was to be near UAB Medical Hospital in Bessemer to care for an ill family member. Nonetheless, I cannot say enough nice things about the staff as this hotel. They made sure our family members staying there had everything they needed, including breakfast to go bags, snacks, laundry service plus early and late check-outs by the week and day. And the staff even wrote personal notes wishing our ill family member a speedy recovery.

Room Tip: Two queen bed rooms are a little small yet still livable due to the microwave and mini frig.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family