“Great view from hotel.”
Review of Tangrenjie Hotel

Tangrenjie Hotel
Ranked #159 of 487 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I took the taxi from the airport to this hotel. The hotel charges 300rmb for pickup.
Location of hotel is about 15min walk from west street and 20min walk from the bus station. It is on a quiet street that faces the Li River. I had ordered Panoramic Queen Room. The view from the room was great. The room was nice size and the bed was very big and comfortable. The decor of the room was a bit old. The only problem with the room was the bathroom had a bad smell. We had to close the door to the bathroom went we are in the room. To the east of the hotel there is a bridge. Cross the bridge and go down to the river bank, there you can take a relaxing stroll along the river.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MewMewCat

Reviewed November 21, 2008

I booked a King View room via a Chinese website for the princely sum of £31 per night. It was money very well spent.
The bed was so huge - king plus - that as a 6ft guy, I could not reach the end if I lay sideways! Lord knows how many people are meant to sleep in it, but there was only me and I could spread out to my heart's delight.
The little balcony had a fine view over the Li River and the nearby karsts, and was particularly good when looking out at them lit up at night.
All was very clean and spacious and efficient. The front desk was a pleasure to deal with. Lots of smiles and always someone on hand to speak English if necessary.
It's an easy walk to West Street and around Yangshuo. There's a bike hire place on the pavement opposite the hotel, and to have a 15 speed mountain bike for £2 a day proved a wonderful bargain.
I wasn't keen to leave to head to Hong Kong and work!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed June 25, 2008

After reading the reviews prior to the trip, I was rather worried about the state of the hotel. I was pleasantly surprised that the receptionists were efficient, the room was clean and quite big, the bathroom appears to have been recently refurbished and the location not too far off from the famous Western St. It's true that the view is nothing to talk about - you can only see a bit of the river and its across a main road.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank E.S.Goh
Reviewed May 9, 2008

Check in takes too long that people are complaining.
Room is so small. I booked a room that faces the Li River. But the room was not really facing the river.
The room was so narrow. The TV table was so near the bed that we hardly have any place to walk. Room is really smelly! Will never recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank aghShanghai
Reviewed May 6, 2008

the time waiting for checking in is a little longer,but other service is good.the facility is not bad .

Stayed: May 2008
Reviewed January 24, 2008

Stay away from this hotel. The bathroom stinks! We have to change several rooms to find one not smelly (because they did not put in the U-tube under the sink during construction so the sewage smell comes up). I went in Jan when it was cold. The room was ice cold when I walked in--no heater is on! I had to turn on the in-room air-conditioning unit, which took forever to heat up and will not go up to more than 17°C. Later I was told that I had to call front desk to ask them to turn on the heater for my room! Am I asking too much to think that a hotel should turn on its heater when it is open to receive guests? I understand they want to save energy and money, but don't do it on guests!

Things just go downhill. Rooms are not clean. But that is so trivial when compared to how front desk treats guests. We booked the hotel through a local travel agent because we decided on an overnight stay in yangshuo the day before. They gave us a good rate. But when the front desk realized from our passports that we are US citizens, they insisted on a new rate which doubles the original price citing that the lower rate is for Chinese only! How outrageous is that in this day and age to discriminate against people based on citizenship!

I can't think of any positive things about this hotel--it is located quite far away from the West street in the middle of nowhere. The air quality is so bad that one cannot see the river from across the street even if one is in a river front room (as we did).

Just stay away!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2007

The Chinatown hotel is a 3.5 to 4 star hotel catering to tourists. The rooms are clean with very big beds. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the West Street tourist area. Be careful to ask the front desk how to walk to this area...it can be confusing if you are not familiar with the area. Overall we had a good experience here.

• Stayed: November 2007