“Walking distance to West street, comfy beds and quaint restaurant.”
Review of New Century Hotel

New Century Hotel
Ranked #39 of 487 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We had the luxury of a triple for us and our two young children. The beds were not hard Chinese beds which was nice. The A/C was cold and the shower was nice. The restaurant is open and airy and they have a mixed breakfast selection of western and Chinese options.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Batikh

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 1 night in April in a nice Triple room.
The location of the hotel is very good.
The hotel was clean and the breakfast was delicious with a big verity.
The air conditioner worked and we could control it as we liked – a big plus for Chines hotel .
The shop in the ground floor was a nice option for water and snakes

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank yonuchka
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

It smells musty and there is actually no games room as advertised. The spa is dodgy and they are smoking in it... Looks more like a crack den.... More like a youth hostel than a four star hotel.... On the plus side rooms are big and beds are fairly comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Jenglish
Reviewed April 17, 2014

Due to this hotel's having individual air conditioning units in each room, we were switched to this the last minute. I was glad because one hotel we were in did nto turn on their Central Air when we were there. I really like the room, location and the friendly staff. My niece and I had a good night sleep. Breakfast was served earlier than scheduled due to a large group leaving early. The food was not that great but it was adequate. There was a small convenient store on the first floor near the entrance that sold food, drinks and some souvenirs. The hotel was within walking distance to the many restaurants and market nearby.
The afternoon we checked in, both of my knees were scraped due to a fall from the Rice Terraces. I approached Ms. Huang R. and she was very pleasant and gave me a first aid kit to use. Thanks to her generosity I had something to use to clean my wounds.
I will stay here again, if I go back to Yangshuo..

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank TRAVELdglobenow
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I want to start by saying we were in Yangshuo on a rainy holiday weekend... Maybe that was the problem.

BUT....dirty, dirty, dark, dank, musty! ICK! This is the kind of place where I won't walk around barefoot after a shower!
I have travelled extensively in Asia so I don't think my bar is too high.For the price, this hotel is a no-go.
Nothing about this hotel said 4 stars--and 3 is pushing it. I am sure there are better options available.
By the way, YangShuo is a total tourist town and was disappointing too!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank kimerly10i
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed 2 nights in this very nice hotel. The staff were very helpful, and even upgraded us to a nicer room (because of a booking error by agoda). They gave us great advice on how to get around town, what to see, what to do. We got free breakfasts, free bicycle rental. The hotel is located next to Yangshuo Park, and is set back from the busy main street so it's quieter and more peaceful. We would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon T
Reviewed December 1, 2013

This hotel is in downtown Yangshuo - it's not a huge place, so it's easy to find your way around here. There's a market right outside, but this does go late into the night, so if your room is on the front side you'll be able to hear the people there until the early hours - they like to socialise after the market closes. The lanes around the hotel have cafés and I found a good coffee here. The markets here are good too. The hotel has a restaurant and café and all rooms are equipped with an in-room safe, minibar and air conditioning. It's clean and secure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends