We stayed at the Li River Retreat for 2.5 weeks in April. Our girls had been studying Mandarin for several years in the U.S. and we were looking for a beautiful part of China to settle in to for a couple of weeks, to immerse in the language and culture. We chose the right place! Yangshuo itself is beautiful, although the town is growing fast to accommodate the increasing tourist trade. The Li River Retreat has the BEST location in all of Yangshuo: you are a short 1.5 mile walk or bike ride out of town, across a bridge and down a narrow road that skirts the banks of the lovely Li River. The retreat is on a hill overlooking the Li River and dramatic karst formations, which you can see from every room of the hotel, outdoor dining area and roof. We sat outdoors every night on the outdoor patio breathing in the smell of the blooming Pomelo trees in the garden, gazing at the karst rock formations and having dinner/drinks. Alf and his wife could not be gracious, immediately taking us for a tour of not only the property, but the surrounding countryside on our first day, and advising/arranging our outings/adventures for the remainder of our stay. Upon our return each day, they and their staff would welcome us back with smiles and conversation. The young women who work there are truly special, and became like big sisters to our girls, playing games with them, coaching them in Mandarin and even giving them parting gifts. The Li River Retreat is more than a hotel, but an oasis of peace, beauty and friendship. Don't miss it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yangshuo Li River Resort is a family run Resort. Our stunning location takes in some of the best views in the Yangshuo region and our close proximity to the town of Yangshuo gives our guests the opportunity to explore its multitude of shopping, dinning and entertainment options. We have a variety of rooms to cater to couples, friends, families and those who want a luxurious experience. We also have a restaurant which serves a large range of Chinese and Western dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of this is complimented by our high standards of service. We have a good size swimming pool which is exclusive to our guests. The pool is open during the warmer months of the year, approximately from April to mid-December. The pool is excellent for early morning swims, relaxing during the day or soothing your body after a day of sightseeing. We hope to take care of you here soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Li River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Li River Retreat Hotel Yangshuo County
- Li River Retreat Yangshuo County