We spent 4-5 days at Li River Retreat, which is 2km down a semi-paved road outside Yangshuo. We enjoyed being outside of town in the countryside with an easy walk into town once or twice per day. We had a room with a view on three sides and enjoyed waking up to the beauty of the Li River and the karst formations. It was also a great place to observe the incredible variety of people and vehicles headed into town.
The room we had was big and well-appointed for a simple place. Everything worked very well from the internet to the heating and water. We were quite happy with it.
What makes Li River outstanding are the people. Jennie at the main desk was a delight to talk to and helpful at every turn, as was her new colleague Alice. Both had good English skills, but more than that they were just very nice people with a desire to help. The people in the restaurant were also wonderful, and the food was far above expectation in both quality and variety, both at breakfast and at dinner. We enjoyed many of our meals there and found it fairly priced.
For those who want a quiet spot in the country, this is a great choice. And for those who miss a good cup of coffee, head across the road to Cafe Durian and ask BBB for their Brazilian.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yangshuo Li River Resort is a family run Resort. Our stunning location takes in some of the best views in the Yangshuo region and our close proximity to the town of Yangshuo gives our guests the opportunity to explore its multitude of shopping, dinning and entertainment options. We have a variety of rooms to cater to couples, friends, families and those who want a luxurious experience. We also have a restaurant which serves a large range of Chinese and Western dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of this is complimented by our high standards of service. We have a good size swimming pool which is exclusive to our guests. The pool is open during the warmer months of the year, approximately from April to mid-December. The pool is excellent for early morning swims, relaxing during the day or soothing your body after a day of sightseeing. We hope to take care of you here soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz and Ctrip TA so you can book your Li River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Li River Retreat Hotel Yangshuo County
- Li River Retreat Yangshuo County