We stayed four nights in three different rooms because of lack of availability.
The GOOD: Staff is wonderful and speaks English. The restaurant has tasty Chinese food. The plates were a little small in comparison with Chinese price and standard. Location is great. Bike rental across the street is great.
The BAD: The outdoor restaurant tables face the room balconies. This can be a problem if you are seeking quiet. The tourist groups tended to hang out there and drink for awhile before having dinner. They were boisterous. Hot water was a problem in all three rooms. Balconies have two doors (one screen and one glass).The two doors cannot be closed and locked at the same time. They butt each other.
All of the furniture in the three rooms we occupied was old and or stained. All lamps in all rooms were unplugged with the cords wrapped around them. Only two reading lamps on the wall and one overhead available in all rooms. None of the safes are attached to anything. Someone could pick up the safe and walk out.
Deluxe Standard Room (#204) The most tolerable of the three. Good view. The couch has stains is faded and old. Really sloppy paint job from ceiling to wall.
Deluxe River View (#201) Good view. You have to close the drapes on one side or everyone else in the hotel can see into your room. It's like a fish bowl. The carpet is filthy and stained. It should be thrown out. The mini fridge smells like mold. I had to wipe some mold out before using it. It was left unplugged and closed. The couch is faded and old. There is a hole in the exterior wall to the left of the bed. There is a rag stuffed in the hole. From room #202 balcony you can see that the hole goes to the outside.
Deluxe Standard Room (#202) Bad view. This room was horrible. Upon entering you can smell the mold. The wall paper is separated and peeling underneath the air conditioner. The mold is visible under the air unit and along the wall. Fixtures are worse than the other rooms. The wasps hover around the balcony. I couldn't sit out there.
Hotel arranged taxi price to/from Guilin airport (290RMB) is way too high. You prepay the hotel. I have paid half that in Shanghai for a trip ten minutes shorter. It seems to me that the problems we experienced would be an issue for the owner. It was the staff and location that made our stay. The rooms were not acceptable for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yangshuo Li River Resort is a family run Resort. Our stunning location takes in some of the best views in the Yangshuo region and our close proximity to the town of Yangshuo gives our guests the opportunity to explore its multitude of shopping, dinning and entertainment options. We have a variety of rooms to cater to couples, friends, families and those who want a luxurious experience. We also have a restaurant which serves a large range of Chinese and Western dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of this is complimented by our high standards of service. We have a good size swimming pool which is exclusive to our guests. The pool is open during the warmer months of the year, approximately from April to mid-December. The pool is excellent for early morning swims, relaxing during the day or soothing your body after a day of sightseeing. We hope to take care of you here soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Orbitz, Travelocity and Priceline so you can book your Li River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Li River Retreat Hotel Yangshuo County
- Li River Retreat Yangshuo County