I chose this hotel because last time I visited Yangshuo my hotel, also good, was in the downtown area and I thought we'd like being outside the hustle and bustle that can be Yangshuo/West Street at night in particular. We actually spent so little time at the "retreat" due to our day excursions that I don't know that I'd book here again as we couldn't just drop into the hotel to drop off bags/change without arranging a "speedy" (small van - a taxi service) to take us home. We also had the speedy pick us up every morning. (The speedy rides are inexpensive at about RMB20 one way.) The retreat is definitely outside normal walking distance (and this comment from someone who runs all the time). If you try walking back at night, be sure to take a flashlight - it's pitch black. I booked a "deluxe double" (RMB320 - Room 305) for my brother and his wife. It had a small balcony and a view of the karst mountains. My "standard" room (RMB250 - Room 203) - one single and one double bed - didn't have a balcony or the greatest views, but it was much more spacious. We had breakfast in town every morning as the retreats meal service didn't start until later---and we were always up early for excursions. Take a hairdryer if you want one. Very clean/orderly and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yangshuo Li River Resort is a family run Resort. Our stunning location takes in some of the best views in the Yangshuo region and our close proximity to the town of Yangshuo gives our guests the opportunity to explore its multitude of shopping, dinning and entertainment options. We have a variety of rooms to cater to couples, friends, families and those who want a luxurious experience. We also have a restaurant which serves a large range of Chinese and Western dishes for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All of this is complimented by our high standards of service. We have a good size swimming pool which is exclusive to our guests. The pool is open during the warmer months of the year, approximately from April to mid-December. The pool is excellent for early morning swims, relaxing during the day or soothing your body after a day of sightseeing. We hope to take care of you here soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and Ctrip TA so you can book your Li River Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Li River Retreat Hotel Yangshuo County
- Li River Retreat Yangshuo County