To preface, this place isn't for everyone. If you like the buzz of a city or comfort of a nice resort, this isn't the right place for you. My wife and I enjoy quiet, out of the way places that are clean, and it was perfect for that. It is family run and you will see everyone in the family helping out. The wives speak English well and can provide information about local attractions. I felt they provided good information at competitive prices. We were also staying with a baby and felt it was just fine.
The hotel itself is only several years old, but there is nothing fancy about it. The bathroom was clean, but not really well taken care of. The shower floor is just the bathroom which was something we have never experience but actually didn't mind. The power went out during the day because there are rolling blackouts during the day in the summer (it was out in the whole village). We thought the food was excellent. Whenever we wanted to eat we would let them know and they were also accommodating. Sometimes they would go pick things from their garden to include in the meal.
Things to do in the area including hiking moon hill, biking, visiting Yangshuo, taking a bamboo boat or visiting the mud/hot spring caves. They can arrange all of this for you, including bikes to rent (20 RMB/day) which were pretty good. Yangshuo is a 15 minute drive and the hotel people will pick you up if needed. Bus is 3 RMB and a taxi is 30-40 RMB. There are a lot of tourists in Yangshuo and at night it was especially filled with Chinese tourists. Moon hill village has busloads of Chinese tourists during the day taking pictures of the moon hill during the day, but is completely dead at night.
Besides the beautiful and quiet countryside in Moon Hill Village, the people are the best reason for staying here. We thought they were very nice and accommodating with what they had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Moon Resort family hotel is the best place in MoonHill Village to enjoy YangShuo's Countryside. Between Karst peaks and rice paddies, our 15 comfortable rooms will offers you all the modern amenities (air-conditioning, private hot shower) plus a unique view on Chinese farmer's life. Our restaurant offers local and western meal and breakfast. Other facilities includes a lush covered courtyard, a laundry and internet access ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Yangshuo Moon Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moon Hotel Yangshuo County
- Moon Resort Yangshuo County