“nice hotel on quite street”
Review of Morning Sun Hotel

and 1 more site!
Morning Sun Hotel
Ranked #26 of 479 Hotels in Yangshuo County
Reviewed May 9, 2013

This hotel is in a great spot for walking the city yet having a quite street to come home to.The 2 girls who work the front desk speak a little english and arfe very helpful and friendly! The hotel was not busy when we arrived so they let us change rooms to one with balcony it was very pleasant. They told us about the roof top terrace the first night we saw beautiful sunset which was great because it stays very misty and cloudy and that was our only one. Would stay agin if ever back in this part of the world.
The town is also a nice place to visit for a couple days after you come down the Li River!!

Room Tip: ask for room with balcony as they have nice views of the street below.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 20, 2013

This hotel was recommended by my guide and indeed this is at a central location in Yangshuo.
I really loved the hotel decorations and was a lot different from all the western chain hotels I stayed before. Apparently the hotel went through a renovation project and updated all their room with very modern and large bathrooms with glass walls and separate shower and bathtubs.

The biggest pro for this hotel is the view from the rooftop and from the street balcony. I love that this hotel seems to be in the smack middle of the city and surrounded by limestone formations.

I will say that my rate included the breakfast int he next door restaurant but was told that it only includes the heavenly breakfast from only 8AM (30 yuan) which was OK I guess for one day, but do yourself a favor and go outside and sample the local or not so local food which is a stone throw from this hotel.

One other thing: get yourself a guide. My guide one of the best I ever had and I have toured Asia extensively: check out her site at lillylu.webs.com highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ucipass
Reviewed April 6, 2013

The reception staff is very helpful and friendly. Large comfortable room with a balcony. Some noise from the street but this didn`t really disturb us.
The hotel does not serve breakfast, instead you are referred to Heaven Café next door where the food is not very good. For the best breakfast in town, walk five minutes to Ryley`s in West Street.

Room Tip: No elevator. We had a room on the third floor which was fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent 3 nights in the Morning Sun Hotel and I enjoyed every minute. It has an excellent location, amongst all the numerable restaurants and bars of Yangshuo but away from the crowds and noise of West street. Tacked away on a pedestrianised street, it offers peace and quiet to the residents (especially if your room is overlooking at the back!) and is still very close to all attractions in the town.
The rooms were very clean, the architecture very interesting and traditional and the staff very friendly and helpful.
I actually spent one day on a scooter with one of the girls as she acted as my tour guide. We drove to all major attractions outside the town and I loved it! It was one of my best travelling experiences. I would recommend every one to do the tour with Julie as she speaks great English and is an excellent company :) Let alone that she takes lots of photos ;)
Julie, thank you!!!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Unfortunately the comfortable beds at the Morning Sun Hotel were overshadowed by the fact that we were woken each morning by street noise in one room and construction in the other. We happened to call before arriving to see if the staff could help arrange a return bus, only to find that they had no record of our reservation, which we had made in August. The floors looked as though they'd never been vacuumed, but the cleaning staff was very conscientious about keeping all other parts of the room spotless. The bathrooms were absolutely freezing; the walls were glass with curtains that you could pull across to block the view. Since my room also had a window facing the center courtyard, this meant that almost every wall in my rooms was covered by curtains - not particularly attractive. Overall, the hotel is unremarkable, though the location is quite good (aside from the noise).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I regularly travel to Yangshuo since 5 years and I always chose the Morning Sun Hotel. It is well located and very very comfortable. Already before the renovation this year it was a peaceful oasis in the heart of Yangshuo. The beds are amazingly comfortable and the bathroom is sooo nice! The staff speaks very good English, you can have breakfast inside the hotel, enjoy laundry service and get all the information neccessary for a wonderful stay in Yangshuo. On the new rooftop you can enjoy the scenery of the specific karst mountains in and around Yangshuo. The Li river is just 5 minutes away from the Morning Sun Hotel. Bank and post office and anything else you need on your trip is easy to reach. I am looking forward to my next stay in Octoberalready!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chris_Milarepa
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Of all the hotels I stayed in China I loved this quaint hotel, the staff were polite, the decor enchanting, the rooms cleaned every day, close to parks, markets, sites. It's small and homely. The location is a magnet for tourists, but the locals are still very much into sharing their culture and fully embracing others as is evident in the many differing cuisines on offer locally. I stayed here on route as part of a 21day tour of China it was week 2 and such a welcome resting place.

• Stayed: November 2011