“A Tranquil Haven To Sit Back and Relax”

Mood Food Energy Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We first visited Moody Food on the 17th July 2014 for breakfast. We felt it had a very nice ambience and the food was great too. The owner was very pleasant and spent the time converse and share his local knowledge about Yangshuo. We felt very relaxed, that we decided to revisit two more times in our short stay. Highly recommended to anyone visiting Yangshuo. Cheers Daniel!

1  Thank Lloyd-Golden

Reviewed May 12, 2014

this is my first time to come to yangsuo,a wonderful place. and this is the place which impressed me most. i have to say "strikingly awesome". nice and assessible people, warm and cozy surroundings,
exquisite and tasty food. all these are a suitable package to relieve the exhaustion from modern fast-pace society.i have ordered rose tea, oatmeal cookies and mexican wrap. the fragrance of roses is tense yet persistent. the stuffing of mexican wrap is stomach-pleasing and the pancake is cripsy.even though i have no idea of the ingredient, i would surly order this wrap next time. and Also, i am a huge fan for yoga,here i enjoyed a fantastic yoga course. these all suggest that this is the ideal place for me to seek inner tranquility. so lucky and blessed to wander into Mood Food.

1  Thank 1993lynette
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I have been waiting for years for someone to convince me to eat healthier, little did I know that I just needed to convince myself. Daniel and Yensa, however, provided the gentle guidance that made it possible. Mood food truly helped me feel better, think more clearly, and improve the quality of my interactions with others. If you want to find out how some good food and two good people make this happen you gotta see it for yourself!!

2  Thank Ryan B
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Perfectly located, 3 blocks from the chaotic and characteristic tourist area of Yangshuo. Mood Food Cafe and hotel is a haven!

What makes this place so special? The owners loving hospitality, the delicious food, the open and interesting people you meet inside the walls, the sense of community while learning about yourself, your body and mind... my boyfriend and I (32 years old) were traveling for 6 months and ended our "trip of a lifetime" in Yangshou. Mood Food is the place I recommend to all of my friends traveling to this area, it'd be a shame if you miss this experience!!

My boyfriend and I have always wanted to do a detox/cleanse but never found the time or the right one for us. The owners, Daniel and Yenza guided us through an intense and rejuvenative 3 day cleanse. The amount of information we took away from this experience was life changing and priceless. I still have their voices in my head, guiding my through my daily life, and giving me advice on my health, how to reach my full and best self, how to feel my best because of what I feed my body.

If for nothing else, whether you are a veggie or not, you must visit the restaurant!! Home-made Kombucha, superfood smoothies to die for, really good pizza, loved the black rice salad, and the BEST veggie burger of my life!!! We also had delicious breakfast and salads with tons of veggies and fruit. Oh,and the raw brownie, made with ingredients from the earth, fueled us each day as we climbed the beautiful karst hills on Yangshuo. I flew home with 10 in my suitcase and I know I'm not the only guest who has done this!! Having stayed there for 2 weeks, I can attest that guests returned, day after day, for their favorite and delicious meals. To be honest, we didn't know why we would eat anywhere else!

It would be a shame to miss this special place :) I look forward to the time when I can visit again. I feel so lucky to have found it and be able to share it with you!

4  Thank Lindsay G
Reviewed May 4, 2014

They have vegan and vegetarian options. Plenty of healthy options for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We had dinner and breakfast there on consecutive days and there wasn't anything disappointing. Indonesian Gado Gado was really flavourful. The omelet was baked and really nicely done. They have all kinds of extras you can add to your oatmeal or smoothie just like you would in your kitchen. If you're looking for Vegan/Vegetarian options in Yangshuo you won't be disappointed. As a bonus the cafe itself is quiet, relaxing and comfortable.

2  Thank Batikh