“An unexpected 2 hours TaiChi Chuan and philosophy lesson!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Yangshuo Traditional T'ai Chi School

Yangshuo Traditional T'ai Chi School
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a traditional tai chi school, based in the beautiful area of Yangshuo. Our school is in a genuine Qing dynasty house in a small farming village at the entrance to the famous Yu-long scenic area. We offer training to all levels of students from those wishing to take there first steps into learning Tai Chi with no previous knowledge. And those looking for a chance to refine and study under true Tai chi masters in China, in a traditional old school enviroment.
Madrid
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“An unexpected 2 hours TaiChi Chuan and philosophy lesson!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2013

I found the school all of a sudden and unexpectedly during my Sunday bike tour around YangShuo. Stopped for curiosity, and ended meeting Ping, the school teacher and Master. He invited me to spend two hours talking and learning some TaiChi basics, on a one to one experience. I like to discover new people that could teach me and help me understand life, and Ping was one of them. During those 2 hours that definitely seemed minutes, I not only learned the physical basics of this martial art, but its philosophy and life basics on Yin Yan.
Ping helped me think about TaiChi Chuan as the real chinese martial art, together with his knowledge of the important philosophy that is behind this practice.
I would like to recommend his school for those who want to have a truly experience of chinese TaiChi Chuan, with a professional Master, in a beautiful natural surrounding!.
Juan

Visited July 2013
3 Thank Juan C

Banff, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great experience in a great setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I wanted to have an introduction into t'ai chi and see how we enjoyed it so we could possibly continue at home after travelling. We cycled out to Yima from Yangshuo (20 minutes) and the setting for the class was incredible in a beautiful, rustic little village....truly beautiful. Kim and Ping were happy people, very friendly and excellent teachers. We were taught for 2 hours by Kim but we also had a nice chat with Ping. Both are passionate and know a lot. I would tell anyone who wanted to learn about t'ai chi to come here. Brilliant!!!!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank everydayisanewpage
london
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“a once in a lifetime opportunity!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

As my wife wanted to study Chinese in Yangshuo so I had one month at my disposal. I really wanted to learn or do something that was genuine and unique to China and keep away from anything touristy.

This Tai Chi school was the perfect choice.

It is located just outside Yangshuo with a stunning bicycle ride every day is just enough to get away from the tourist trails and traps you sometimes fall into. It felt like a 'real' experience and something that you could really only do in China itself.

With literally no previous experience, I was made to feel very welcome by Kim and Ping. I studied 3 weeks on a part-time basis and found it as challenging as it was fun. The classes where flexible to my timetable also so I could find time to do other activities.

If you only go for one day, it is still worth the visit just to see the building itself: an old Qing dynasty building. The atmosphere was so still that it made central Yangshuo look chaotic!

A wonderful memory and I only regret that I couldn't stay longer.

3 Thank paul r
yangshuo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“THAT IS MY SECOND TIME IN THE SCHOOL”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well what to say, I think that just by saying that I am back a year after beeing here last year three months, everything has been said. Not only the good teachers, but the nice feelings I could get thanks to everything I was thaught in the yangshuotraditionalschool. This year I came for another two months to improve my Tai Chi and Qi Gong and the lovely feelling I get with it. That made me decide to become hopefully a Tai Chi teacher so I can teach other people to feel so good and healthy. I recomed to anyone who is thinking to try it or it is not sure if do it or not, and if you decide to do it in Yangshuo, do not hesitate to come to meet Kim and Ping (not only good teachers but people you can trust) and their facilities surounded by a beautyful landscapes.

3 Thank justa v
Charlottesville, Virginia
117 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 186 helpful votes
“Great chance to learn some Yang Style T'ai Chi”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a great time learning from a T'ai Chi instructor in the park in Yang Shuo. Our 1 and 1/2 hour lesson was both a great work out (it's pretty hot in late June) and also really relaxing. I was a bit finished around the 1 hour mark but my husband and son were happier with the longer time.