“a once in a lifetime opportunity!”

Yangshuo Traditional T'ai Chi School
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a traditional tai chi school, based in the beautiful area of Yangshuo. Our school is in a genuine Qing dynasty house in a small farming village at the entrance to the famous Yu-long scenic area. We offer training to all levels of students from those wishing to take there first steps into learning Tai Chi with no previous knowledge. And those looking for a chance to refine and study under true Tai chi masters in China, in a traditional old school enviroment.
Reviewed July 4, 2013

As my wife wanted to study Chinese in Yangshuo so I had one month at my disposal. I really wanted to learn or do something that was genuine and unique to China and keep away from anything touristy.

This Tai Chi school was the perfect choice.

It is located just outside Yangshuo with a stunning bicycle ride every day is just enough to get away from the tourist trails and traps you sometimes fall into. It felt like a 'real' experience and something that you could really only do in China itself.

With literally no previous experience, I was made to feel very welcome by Kim and Ping. I studied 3 weeks on a part-time basis and found it as challenging as it was fun. The classes where flexible to my timetable also so I could find time to do other activities.

If you only go for one day, it is still worth the visit just to see the building itself: an old Qing dynasty building. The atmosphere was so still that it made central Yangshuo look chaotic!

A wonderful memory and I only regret that I couldn't stay longer.

3  Thank paul r
"dishes"
in 3 reviews
"foreigners"

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Well what to say, I think that just by saying that I am back a year after beeing here last year three months, everything has been said. Not only the good teachers, but the nice feelings I could get thanks to everything I was thaught in the yangshuotraditionalschool. This year I came for another two months to improve my Tai Chi and Qi Gong and the lovely feelling I get with it. That made me decide to become hopefully a Tai Chi teacher so I can teach other people to feel so good and healthy. I recomed to anyone who is thinking to try it or it is not sure if do it or not, and if you decide to do it in Yangshuo, do not hesitate to come to meet Kim and Ping (not only good teachers but people you can trust) and their facilities surounded by a beautyful landscapes.

3  Thank justa v
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We had a great time learning from a T'ai Chi instructor in the park in Yang Shuo. Our 1 and 1/2 hour lesson was both a great work out (it's pretty hot in late June) and also really relaxing. I was a bit finished around the 1 hour mark but my husband and son were happier with the longer time.

1  Thank wombat1223
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I came to China a year ago and have studied Tai Chi with a number of Masters. Without a second thought Masters Kim and Ping are by far the best. As Tai Chi is both a martial art and a philosophy Kim and Ping strike a perfect balance between theory and Technique.

They have an amazing ability to gage your limits, explaining short comings in a clearly, efficiently and most importantly in English. From all the students I have spoken to from advance to beginner all have stated how much they have gained from studying with these two dedicated Masters.

The school is beautiful and in perfect harmony with its surroundings, more importantly the two Masters are some of the nicest people I have ever met. I can truly recommend this not just for the dedicated Martial artist but as a genuine China experience.

The best thing I have done in China by far!

3  Thank Christian P
See more reviews
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I had studied tai chi in America for about a year before going to China. I spent a total of two years in China teaching English and trying to absorb as much tai chi as I could. I went through a couple different instructors before luckily finding Master Kim. As soon as I saw him instructing another student, I could easily recognize that he had the true understanding of the beautiful art. I immediately approached him and asked him if I could be his student. I was overjoyed and spent the next eight months training with him daily.
You will find the true teaching with Master Kim and in a way that Westerns can embrace and progress at a rapid rate. Learning the foundation of silk reeling and eighteen movements is essential to your core practice and nobody is better to mirror and learn from than Master Kim. I truly had the best experience of my life in Yangshuo. I even fell in love and met my wife during my time there and owe Kim for introducing us! Best of luck with the school Master Kim. Lena, Lia and I will be back very soon!!!!

3  Thank thirdtuck