“Highly overrated.”

Le Votre Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 120 Restaurants in Yangshuo County
Cuisines: French
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was one of a party of four who dined at this restaurant on New Year's Eve. The restaurant is housed in a great space, but the food and service were both very disappointing. There were only four other tables in the restaurant when we were dining, but the food came out slowly and to one diner at a time. Our table was served the "famous" French Onion Soup, and it was lukewarm - we had to send it back to be reheated. The main courses were served over a space of 40 minutes, with the first person having completed the meal by the time the last person received their entree. Two in the party had fish (nothing to write home about), one had duck (also served lukewarm), and one had Chinese food (decent). Very disappointing, especially after the restaurant had received such high praise from Fodor's. Would definitely not dine here again.

Reviewed September 26, 2012

We went there to have a nice (and romantic) dinner.
The food was good, I had a nice fish dish and my husband an average meat, but skip the deserts! I ordered a "cheese cake" and actually got a cake... made of smelly cheese...! it had the right appearance look but was absolutely disgusting, I had to send it back after the first spoon.
In the end it actually made us laugh more than complain.
The staff was nice and quick, it is a very convenient location, the food was ok, but it was not as great as we expected after reading the lonly planet review.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

Need a break from Chinese food? This place hit the spot. My family needed some western food. The lamb chops were excellent, but small. Red wine was excellent. The French wine was overpriced, so go for the house made beer.

1  Thank wesleyyee
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We were referred to this restaurant by our guidebook and took a patio table outside over looking the large pedestrian area. The food was quite tasty and the service was very nice. I would recommend this French style restaurant (with a mix of French, Chinese & Western Food) when you are in the mood for something different on your travels through China.

1  Thank Tommy B
Reviewed May 11, 2012

After several weeks on rice and noodles, I thought it would be nice to have some western food... but in the end I would have prefered to try their Chinese dishes. Overal too expensive, eventhough the location and decoration is amazing. The taste was OK, but next time, I'll keep my French lunch for when I'm in France.