“Unique atmosphere”

Yangshuo En Attendant Godot Hostel
Ranked #64 of 441 Yangshuo County B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the first sight fell in love with this place. Atmosphere of "Waiting for Godot" by Samuel Beckett to feel at every step. Perversely perhaps, there is probably no better place to celebrate the absurd :)
Very helpful staff made ​​sure that we felt good and comfortable. We got a better room than we booked. We took a walk hostel's dog - Nana (december 2011). On the roof there is a terrace with views of the Li river. There is also a washing machine, which we used for free. Service has helped organize two scooters for us to see a further area. It is true that you can spot something to eat and drink but I would not recommend eating there - look for something in the city. Walk distance to center -West Street.
Rooms and bathrooms are clean, warm and beds comfortable.
Yangshuo is one of those places where you want to go back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded April 14, 2017

^_^come back soon,we will waiting for you

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Yangshuo is a wonderful place to visit, with breathtaking scenery, great biking and hillclimbing country, and a charming town full of restaurants and bric-a-brac. At En Attendant Godot I had a room to myself in cold December weather, and I invested in a thermal vest and long johns, but the bed was comfortable and the heater worked, the shower was warm if not hot, the place was clean and quiet and the prices very reasonable. The location was away from the noisy throng of West Street, so it was very quiet, and we were able to hire our bicycles from the shop next door for almost no money. The people running En Attendant Godot, especially Zack and the dog, could not have been more helpful and friendly, including helping us save money on a taxi for the lengthy ride back to Guilin Aiport at the end of our stay by slotting us into a fully-laden 14-seater minibus which got us there just as quickly travelling with a group of middle-aged Chinese ladies.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2012

That is the word of this soft guy call "owner" lol of this low level hostel "some people pay more some other less depends where they come from and if I like them or not". fair mentality no?? he ask me to pay for washing machine and after I find out it was free for all the people...so I told him and took my money back and move of this fair hotel.. that's my story...
about the dorms room I can just say that I found a cockroach running, some old food under the dorm beds and not clean for a long time, the room are not cleaned everyday...the bathroom was okay and pretty new in my dorm room..
I just think that its a place to avoid for backpackers...just because the less of honesty he tried..
ps: Better for you that you gave me my money back without discussion..behaving like this your hotel will not survive its pretty sure but I already told you that in face...

Room Tip: the first word that this guy said is...I dont care the people i care to full the rooms...great menta...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

The staff here were really really lovely. Each time we came and left the hostel they said hello. The hostel dog nana is also lovely. Double room was spacious but bed a little hard. The hostel also let's you do your laudery for free and store our luggage for 2 days in a locked room free of charge. The rooftop garden is small but usually empty with great views. The only downside was the bird fish tour we booked via them. It was only 50RMB but the boat owner was late so it was dark by the time we left then asked for tips after a 20minute viewing (which is what we paid for) then refused to drop us back where we started but did leave us at the bottom of west street. The hostel is 5 minutes walk away for the main street which is great as its nice and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Not all the staff here speak good English but the main man, Zack, is just awesome. Speaks great english and is very friendly and funny. He will help with just about anything. Like many travellers we had trouble with the language etc. so when we needed to catch the bus to Xing Ping he sent one of his colleagues out to the street with us to flag the bus down and tell the driver where we were going. And when we wanted to rent bikes he again sent a colleague out to arrange them with us so we got the right price. Same again when we wanted to go to the (non-english menu) noodle restaurant.
He arranged tickets on to Nanning at no commission to himself also.

As for the room, it had great AC and was spacious and quiet. The hostel is away from the main West Street but this is defo a plus and not a minus. Within easy walking distance to West Street if you do need to go there. Cheap beer and a lovely little communal area in which to relax. Wifi is also great and works in the room. Easily the best place I've stayed in China and probably best hostel I've stayed in in 3 months of travelling in Asia.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded April 30, 2017

thank you so much!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

I don't have much complaints regarding my stay here because you get what you pay for. Zack was really helpful during my stay in Yangshuo and even helped me to carry my stuff from the lobby to my room. I also booked the Cormorant fishing and the light show with them and Zack gave me a mosquito repellant spray which was really great, I forgot to bring one. I took a solo room because aside from being cheap I get to have the bathroom all to myself. The room space for me is more than enough and since I'm going out during the day, I only use it to research and to sleep. There's not much character in this hostel. I like how its conveniently located near the city, just 15-20 minutes walk and you're already in town. Ideal for backpackers and for people who want to meet like minded people. I'm so relieved to get a western toilet! Overall I had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Also the walls are a bit thin, you can hear the people upstairs or beside you, I guess everywhere in...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Ahnita
Reviewed May 26, 2012

One of the best hostel in China: very helpful staff, clean and light rooms, perfect location - great view from the roof top terrace, fair price, free laundry, tasty western food, very cosy and beautiful hostel.

We were positively surprised with the service- Zak (one of the staff members) helps us a lot: buy tickets (he spend a lot of time to do this: visit different travel agencies and ticket offices), follow us to the bus station to show us our bus, show us where to rent bicycles (20m from the hostel), allow to leave our luggage in a free room.

We highly recommend this hostel to all the travellers: near the West Street, 5 minutes from the bus station, easy to get to all the main spots.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Randoua
Management response:Responded April 14, 2017

thanks a lot for you comment