See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I was in Yangshuo twice. the first time I was in 3 different hostels that were o.k but I only felt really comfortable in Travellers Land hostel.. the staff is really friendly and Hamson is really helpful.. Great value for money, very clean and safe and a good location. it's obvious that I returned to Travellers Land hostel in the second time that I was in Yangshuo

Date of stay: April 2013
1  Thank Derren107
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I really enjoyed staying here, the owner is very friendly and really makes everybody feel at home from the first you check in to when you leave, he even gives advice on the best way to save money.
Everything is very clean, homelike, the computers use have facebook and in an excellent location near all the main attractions in Yangshuo.
This is the best hostel I've ever stayed in and I've been travelling for more than 3 years.

Date of stay: April 2013
1  Thank Powerful4
Reviewed March 31, 2013

After travelling for 5 months some things are a must for a hostel and this place pretty much covers it all:

Good points:

computers to use downstairs with facebook access
books and games to borrow
good priced drinks at the bar
good location in a quiet area

rooms were clean and decent size (we had a twin room)
decent shower with hot water and pressure
kettle and cups in room (yay)
decent view of the surrounding karst hills
decent places to eat nearby and not far from West Street
free washing facilities
hair drier to use on each floor
decent duvet and pillows
use of kitchen

Not so good:
no WIFI in rooms (4th floor) so had to run up and down everytime you wanted to check something.
Clothes took an age to dry on the lines so maybe install a dryer?
English speaking owner seemed to just go through the motions of being polite when speaking to you

Other than that, great place to stay and would recommend

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Thanks so much Travellers-land , I had an amazing time here!!! One of the best hostel I've ever been, located in the middle of the old town and close to the public transport (yangshuo bus station). Clean and tidy, everything is well maintenance. A lot of very good and cheap food just a short walk away. The boys at front desk will help you with everything you need, other staff members are friendly too. Will definitely come back!

Date of stay: February 2013
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband and I stayed here a week ago and I honestly don't know how to start singing it's praises! This place was perfect for us in every single way.

The location is excellent especially if you are planning to sleep very quiet, around 10 minutes walking to the downtown, a lots cheap local restaurants, so much like the noodles and dumplings & hot-pot, greasy spoon aways yummy that's incredible.

The room had a great air conditioner, comfy bed and nice amenities.The laundry service was quick (same day) and very reasonably priced, compared to other guesthouses we dealt with around Yangshuo. Finally, Hamson left us a nice note thanking us for our business and wishing us safe travels.

It was something simple, but it sure was a nice touch. The Beer Fish party was so nice, very enjoyable and laid-back ! Definitely recommend .....

Date of stay: December 2012