After a few days of a bike ride we were extremely tired, willing to take a shower and fall asleep in a quiet place. Yankshuo met us with a crowd of tourists, noise and endless shops. Thanks God we found Stone Bridge guest house by accident!
Briefly about this place:
- only 2 km from the city, easy to find by directions signs
- non-smoking, light rooms with awesome view
- really helpful and delightful English speaking staff
- absolutely fabulous breakfasts (for those who miss Western cuisine in China)
- no elevator though, mind if you have lots of baggage
Steven and Angie - huge hug from Ukraine! and thanks for everything you did!
(I still remember the sunny-side-up eggs you cooked :)
Nina & Oleh
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stone Bridge "Home Sweet Home in the Valley"Are you looking for the Countryside Experience in China? YANGSHUO has it -Glorious Karst Mountains set in rural farmland. The town of Yangshuo is a typical Chinese town, it’s vibrant and busy both day and nights. Days are the time for exploring the area in all its wonders and the nights are for eating drinking and having a great time. When it’s time to rest and get a peaceful night’s sleep, it’s time to leave Yangshuo’s rather loud club and party noise and Escape to the quiet Village of ShiBanQiao aka Stone Bridge Village. 20 min walk from West St / 5 min bike ride / 2 k north of town and your home :)Once well rested and after a terrific breakfast, hosts Jessy and ahLong are only too happy to hand out advise on local and regional travel. Anything you have come to see and do, your hosts can assist with, such as buying tickets/tours/bike hire/laundry and so on. Local knowledge from long time China residents fluent in English and Chinese. This Aussie couple runs by far the tidiest/cleanest hostel in China with recognition from Tripadvisor with 2 x Travelers Choice Awards 2013 & 2014 and from HostelBookers for Best Value 2013.There are 9 rooms in total, so we are a small husband and wife operation who personally take care of all your needs so that your visit to Yangshuo was the highlight of your China holiday.With an Eco Friendly approach to running the building we set examples in reducing our environmental footprint, we work to keep Yangshuo clean and beautiful for you to enjoy. Relax in our Deluxe or Ex. Deluxe rooms in a spotlessly clean B&B / Homestay Type guesthouse. We have closed our dorm rooms and rearranged the room layouts to offer more and better choice to you, the Special Guest. The Stone Bridge treats everyone with extra care and can arrange rooms to suit you. Rooms have rice paddy views and mountains or village and mountain range views, Ex. Deluxe rooms have an outside balcony. All rooms have reverse air conditioners and the western styled bathrooms are a pleasurable surprise. The rooms have free Wi-Fi, soft beds, rain shower with hot water, towels and shampoo/body wash is supplied. A wardrobe for your belongings and coffee free (1st night Only), a kettle is supplied to make boiling water for food/drinks and you may eat in your room. We do have a small kitchen on the ground floor serving breakfast, lunch and dinner-a mixture of Western and or Chinese food. Other food /snacks should be obtained in town before coming home as there is NO store in the village. We however are stocked with F&B and open for breakfast at 8am till 10am. Great sandwiches and snacks can be enjoyed all day and dinner is a family styled sit together where usually, a Local styled Chinese meal is served, often it’s a mix of local, Cantonese and western food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your The Stone Bridge-Home Sweet Home in the Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.