“Great food, great value”
Review of Lucy's Cafe & Bar

Lucy's Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great food, great value”
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

You can be assured of some great food at a reasonable price at Lucy's. Not many places to sit but a wonderful place to eat. The lemon chicken was to die for! Great service also. Be sure to stop when in Yangshuo.

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Newcastle
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I can't add anything else to other excellent reviews but wanted to express thanks to Lucy's for their excellent friendly service and great food. Thank you for the recommendations on Trip Advisor.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sandie2Newcastle
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Place To Watch The World Go By”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I prefer this type of restaurant to the big places because the family run feel. And this restaurant did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and nice and the food was great. I had the best dumplings I have ever had here and the Beer Fish was really great. Since the location is right next to an intersection it was really fun to sit at a table and watch the world go by. My meals here will be remembered as one of the great expereinces of my trip.

• Visited January 2013
“Excellent in everyway!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After reading some good comments about Lucy's place, I decided to write my review too! Why not after such good experience, to encourage and also give praises to the entire family of Lucy's place?

I visited West Street for the second time just yesterday, 25th July 2013 and found this decent place co-incidently. I was just loytering and roaming around the place when I was so hungry, saw McDonald's and thought not McDonalds again? Just curious, I went further to check out what's ahead, and TADA!!! It was a very unique discovery!!!

For my name is Lucy, too, so I find Lucy's place very intruing. I have a good feeling because ehem, the restaurant is not empty, aha. Sadly, Lucy the owner was not there, I wish I could share some moments with her. Her restaurant says so much about her! Big compliments~

Extra praises to Fung/feng (mind the spelling) she is very very friendly, bubbly, and lovely. I sat there for a moment about to order my food when my friend text me that she will be arriving in an hour, so I sat where I was and Feng's was very hospitable. Never at any moment I felt awkward! I guess I would have been chased away at any other restaurant?

When I told Feng that I am going go order the famous in town beer fish, she impressed me when she told me CONFIDENTLY that their beer fish is really really delicious, a must must try. She don't need to tell me it's the best, rather she convinced me that I have chosen the right place when I tried the Beer Fish! Both my friend and I were just mesmerized by how tasty the Beer Fish is! Try also the sauteed vegetables, it's drop dead fresh and sweet! According they planted the veggies *loves*

I observe also how helpful she is when she autonomously approached her guest by suggesting some interesting placs to visit in Yangshuo. All the while, she's just the perfect model in Lucy's Place. I wish also I could try the Lemon Chicken, apple / banana crumble and baked albergine that many recomended!

If i were to go to West Street again, I would definitely go dine in Lucy's place again. And try as many excellent food I could!

They also have a hotel at the main street(we spotted it!). It's called Lucy's hotel. Why not stay there too if you do not yet have a place to stay? If Lucy can have such an excellent resto, I'm sure her hotel must be decent too! All the best!

• Visited July 2013
Fort Lauderdale
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Do not forget to try the braised eggplant, very good. The lunch was wonderful and the staff speaks English which is a plus in China. Also a great place to hang out. Lots of other expats frequent this restaurant.

Visited July 2013