“Great Place To Watch The World Go By”
Review of Lucy's Cafe & Bar

Lucy's Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Place To Watch The World Go By”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I prefer this type of restaurant to the big places because the family run feel. And this restaurant did not disappoint. The staff was friendly and nice and the food was great. I had the best dumplings I have ever had here and the Beer Fish was really great. Since the location is right next to an intersection it was really fun to sit at a table and watch the world go by. My meals here will be remembered as one of the great expereinces of my trip.

• Visited January 2013

• Polish first
“Excellent in everyway!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

After reading some good comments about Lucy's place, I decided to write my review too! Why not after such good experience, to encourage and also give praises to the entire family of Lucy's place?

I visited West Street for the second time just yesterday, 25th July 2013 and found this decent place co-incidently. I was just loytering and roaming around the place when I was so hungry, saw McDonald's and thought not McDonalds again? Just curious, I went further to check out what's ahead, and TADA!!! It was a very unique discovery!!!

For my name is Lucy, too, so I find Lucy's place very intruing. I have a good feeling because ehem, the restaurant is not empty, aha. Sadly, Lucy the owner was not there, I wish I could share some moments with her. Her restaurant says so much about her! Big compliments~

Extra praises to Fung/feng (mind the spelling) she is very very friendly, bubbly, and lovely. I sat there for a moment about to order my food when my friend text me that she will be arriving in an hour, so I sat where I was and Feng's was very hospitable. Never at any moment I felt awkward! I guess I would have been chased away at any other restaurant?

When I told Feng that I am going go order the famous in town beer fish, she impressed me when she told me CONFIDENTLY that their beer fish is really really delicious, a must must try. She don't need to tell me it's the best, rather she convinced me that I have chosen the right place when I tried the Beer Fish! Both my friend and I were just mesmerized by how tasty the Beer Fish is! Try also the sauteed vegetables, it's drop dead fresh and sweet! According they planted the veggies *loves*

I observe also how helpful she is when she autonomously approached her guest by suggesting some interesting placs to visit in Yangshuo. All the while, she's just the perfect model in Lucy's Place. I wish also I could try the Lemon Chicken, apple / banana crumble and baked albergine that many recomended!

If i were to go to West Street again, I would definitely go dine in Lucy's place again. And try as many excellent food I could!

They also have a hotel at the main street(we spotted it!). It's called Lucy's hotel. Why not stay there too if you do not yet have a place to stay? If Lucy can have such an excellent resto, I'm sure her hotel must be decent too! All the best!

• Visited July 2013
Fort Lauderdale
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Do not forget to try the braised eggplant, very good. The lunch was wonderful and the staff speaks English which is a plus in China. Also a great place to hang out. Lots of other expats frequent this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and good food”
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I went here this morning for breakfast. The omelet and muesli were good. However it's the service that is outstanding. Lucy wasn't here but lucys cousin was there and she was just bubbly and adorable. Game 7 of the nba finals were on and we all watched together with Lucy and her family members cheering on Miami. Wonderful place!! Fresh fruit juice too.

• Visited June 2013
Allentown, PA
“Good ambience and decent backpacker food.”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stopped at Lucy's Place twice with my tour group while I was passing through Yangshuo. I could see that the restaurant was a mainstay on the backpacker trail. People from past adventures had scrawled messages in black magic marker all over the restaurant. I enjoyed reading the quips as I was waiting for my food. I ate on the balcony and the ambience was pretty chill. My first meal was breakfast. I had the Chinese Breakfast of dumplings, noodles, and green tea. I also ordered two over easy eggs (which I changed from sunny side up after the guy next to got some that were totally raw.) The food was ok, nothing special (the noodles were the best part). I was actually glad that I didn't order a Western style breakfast. Nobody at my table seemed too happy with theirs (especially the banana pancakes). The second time I was at Lucy's Place, I ordered a bacon beef burger with cheese (their words). Again, it was ok but there was something a little off about the meat and the way it was cooked. I had been looking for a taste of home. The burger came close but wasn't quite it. Overall the food was good but nothing too special.

• Visited June 2013