“Good guide i”

Lilly Lu's Private Tours
Ranked #6 of 36 Tours in Yangshuo County
More attraction details
Owner description: Ni hao! I am Lilly from Yangshuo, area that for millennia has been inspiring (and still does) artists and poets from all over China. I have now more than 15 years experience in guiding in Guangxi province (mainly Yangshuo, Guilin, Longji, Guizhou area), I have guided from individuals to big foreign groups, from reknowned foreign companies (coming from the Netherlands, Australia, USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada etc etc), to VIP's (I had the honour to guide the Royal Family of Sweden among the landscape of Yangshuo). I am a certified local guide and can arrange all sorts of excursions and tours. From one-day trips to whole packages lasting several days, from pick-up service at the airport to hotel bookings. I can tailor-make any excursion for your personal requirement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
milan italy
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good guide i”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

We booked Lilly Lu based on the positive reviews on tripadvisor and we made a good choice.
Although she was not feeling well she took care of us and even bought a present for our children as our youngest had its birthday while we were in Yangshuo.
Her English is sufficiently good for touring the countryside although not as good as you may find in the big cities. In any case this has not been a problem.
Both restaurant she recommended were good and cheap.
Recommended

3 Thank ajk1966

seattle
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Lily is fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Lily is the best tour guide our family of 4 had in China. She is incredibly energetic, reliable, speaks great rapid-fire English, honest and truly cares about her clients getting great value for her services. She arranged tickets to the light show and since the place is incredibly crowded and a long walk from the entry gate, she came in with us and made sure we found our seats, got ponchos for the kids and was waiting right at the gate when we were done. The van/driver she arranged were also great. We visited a number of places with her and she was always patient and warm with us. Highly recommend Lilly for anyone's Yangshuo travels.

3 Thank sjfam
Mercer Island, WA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Excellent guide service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

Lilly Lu wasn't available but arranged for another guide named Feng to guide us. We can't express how much we enjoyed Feng and our 4 days with her. We traveled in China for nearly a month and had several private guides. Feng by FAR was our very best out of several outstanding guides. She speaks excellent English,was always prompt, had an outstanding, clean car (with seat belts) and safe driver, was willing to tailor our itinerary to our interests, selected wonderful, clean restaurants for lunches, had an amazing knowledge of Chinese history, culture and insights into Chinese life, and was an absolute joy to be with. We spent a day in the terraced rice villages, did bamboo rafting on two rivers, enjoyed a Chinese cooking class, saw cormorant fishing one evening, attended an Impressions Show, visited Western Street, and talked and talked about life in that rural area of China. We obviously know nothing about growing rice! Feng is young, well educated, very enthusiastic and energetic. We think that having Feng as our guide was our very best experience and the true highlight of our visit to China. If Lilly Lu isn't available, by all means request Feng. She will make your visit to this incredible area of China unforgettable.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank wearetravelers
California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Lily Lu made our trip the best ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Hi TAers,
I am so excited to tell all of my friends and you too about our recent trip to China! It was such a different trip for us, as we normally go to Europe or Israel, but friends living in China invited us to stay with them in Shanghai and we couldn't pass this up!

So as someone who hadn't traveled in Asia before (except India in 1981), I couldn't decide if we needed a guide or not. I read about Lily here and contacted her and I am thrilled that I did. Lily was both a wonderfully knowledgable guide and very informative in ways I was most interested in; specifically, I wanted someone to tell me as much as possible about the lives of the people who grew up in Yangshuo area.

We flew into Guilin and Lily met us as we left security. Her driver and comfortable van were our home on wheels to PingAn and Yangshuo, where we stayed locally and saw amazing countryside beauty. We loved the bamboo raft ride, kayak trip, rice terrace hikes and so much more that Lily arranged and can't wait to visit with her again someday!!

3 Thank labambita
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Excellent facilitator”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

Lilly Lu was not available during our trip but arranged for us to work with another local guide named Feng and have an excellent time.

Lilly did appear at our hotel on two occasions to check in with us and make sure we were having a good time.

Over two days for us Lilly and Feng organized bamboo rafting, hiking to moon hill, a visit to the Gold Cave (formerly the Silver Cave), the impressions light show and a wonderful tandem biking adventure. Feng also selected excellent local restaurants on each day.

Consistent with all of the Chinese tour guides that we have used in Beijing, Shanghai and Yangshuo, they are more of "travel facilitators" than "guides" in the European or North American sense.

I would highly recommend contacting Lilly if you are going to Yangshuo and trusting that she will find a way to meet your needs while you are there.

2 Thank ExShoreex