“Excellent guide, very chatty and energetic”

Lilly Lu's Private Tours
Ranked #6 of 37 Tours in Yangshuo County
More attraction details
Owner description: Ni hao! I am Lilly from Yangshuo, area that for millennia has been inspiring (and still does) artists and poets from all over China. I have now more than 15 years experience in guiding in Guangxi province (mainly Yangshuo, Guilin, Longji, Guizhou area), I have guided from individuals to big foreign groups, from reknowned foreign companies (coming from the Netherlands, Australia, USA, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada etc etc), to VIP's (I had the honour to guide the Royal Family of Sweden among the landscape of Yangshuo). I am a certified local guide and can arrange all sorts of excursions and tours. From one-day trips to whole packages lasting several days, from pick-up service at the airport to hotel bookings. I can tailor-make any excursion for your personal requirement.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children
Salt Lake City, Utah
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent guide, very chatty and energetic”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Lilly took our family on the river rafts, to the Silver Caves, on the Li River rafts and to the town market all around Yangshuo. She was very chatty, friendly and a great guide. We enjoyed all the activities.

Visited June 2011
6 Thank 60922Karen

Denver, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A perfect visit to Yangshou - thanks to Lilly Lu”
Reviewed June 22, 2011

I want to personally thank Lilly Lu for taking such good care of me last month during my visit to Yangshou. Before arriving into Yangshou I worked with Lilly through her email address (lulilly12@hotmail.com) to plan the perfect visit to Yangshou, HuangYao and Longi. I sent her countless emails to make sure the plans were all set. She arranged everything for me (lodging, drivers etc). I was travelling alone (which can be a little nerve racking when you don’t speak the language) and she was waiting for me right at the airport to greet me and start our adventure together.

I am a professional photographer (in my spare time) and as a photographer my trips can become pretty demanding. I made countless changes to our original itenary, made her get up at 4AM so I could take sunrise shots like this one  http://voninski.com/image.php?gallery=224&pid=507 . For this shot she put together the fisherman, driver and raft I was shooting from all at the twilight hour of 4AM. We worked together from sunrise to sunset every single day. Another time while driving towards one location I made an on-the-spot decision to modify three days of my trip (which involved switching hotels and locations) and she easily pulled off all of the changes for me. Her professionalism, positive attitude, attention to details and genuine desire to provide me with the greatest Yangshou experience possible was refreshing and memorable.

I wholeheartedly recommend Lilly Lu and will use her services again when travelling through Yangshou. If you have any questions about Lilly or travelling through Yangshou/Longi/HuangYao etc. feel free to send me an email.

To Lilly – Thanks again for all of the hard work you did for me personally the week I spent with you. I cannot wait to come back and introduce you to Veronica and start the adventure all over again!

Visited May 2011
7 Thank RichieVon
Rochester, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“A very special lady who made our trip so memorable”
Reviewed March 11, 2011

We found Lily through other reviews on Trip advisor and contacted her about our upcoming trip to Guilin and Yangshuo as we wanted to visit the Rice Terraces at Ping'an. Lily came back very quickly with a proposed day itineray, picking us from our hotel in Guilin and a private car, driver and herself as guide. I had asked for an early start to our day and Lily arrived bang on time; all through our day she kept us amused with local tales, information on culture - a sheer of mine of information!! Lily sought our advice on the events during the day but, not knowing the area, we were more than happy for her to make decisions for us on the best day to see everything we wanted. We weren't disappointed.

The weather was really bad (very mistly/foggy) on the day WE chose to visit the rice terraces and Lily worked hard to ensure we saw as much as possible as the conditions allowed. We were at View 1 in the thick fog and were about to leave when Lily said we should stay as the fog may clear, we laughed as the idea seemed absurd but within 5 minutes Lily was correct, the fog rolled away long enough for us to get great photos! The value of local knowledge on weather conditions! Lily gave us useful advice on buying goods, when to give 'small money' and how much to get some great photos in the villages. A truly great day- she even bought us hot potatoes to keep out the cold weather and as we ate these we were able to chat to the Ping'an villager (via Lily).

We then bumped into Lily again when we arrived in Yangshuo in Kellys Restaurant which she recommended (great restaurant: separate review given). We wanted to see the cormorant fishing and once again, Lily set up a great evening with a local fisherman and accompanied us all the way acting as guide between us and the fishman (who was good company and a great showman!).

We so highly recommend this special lady - her guide skills are fabulous and she made our trip to this area so memorable.

Visited March 2011
6 Thank convey766
Colorado Springs, Colorado
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“WONDERFUL Experience! BEST Itinerary! Excellent translator!”
Reviewed January 4, 2011

My wife and I visited the Yangshuo area in September 2010 on our own. We wanted to see some of the major sights and heard about Lilly Lu and her sightseeing/guide service. We contacted her through email and she responded promptly with an excellent plan for us - we did some unique things that she was able to arrange. She also arranged for a driver (or offered to use bicycles or scooters which could have been a lot of fun). We chose the car so we could see more.

Day 1
Bamboo Rafting, Big Banyan Tree National Park, visited local farmers house, Moon Hill, Lunch at an awesome little cafe below Moon Hill, and Cave trekking.

Day 2
Longji Rice Terraces - We chose to see them from Yangshuo - only 2 1/2 private car ride (that she organized) and she made it fun with lots of things to see along the way (tea plantation, etc). She showed us the BEST spots along the way in the Rice Terraces, purchased the tickets for us, and guided us through the entire area. We experienced local villages, translated with many of the workers, and helped to negotiate with some of the merchants.

She even arranged for a private Commorant Fishing experience on the river with a local fisherman that evening. It was incredible! She met us at our hotel on time each day. Lilly Lu is a wonderful person and we are so happy we made a life-long friend with her. She shared a lot of about their culture and history of the area. We HIGHLY recommend Lilly!

Contact with Lilly via mobile phone: -- -- Email: --