“Excellent”

$49.99*
and up
Small-Group Yangshuo Rock-Climbing Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Yangshuo is the perfect location for exploring by bike. It is a rural area with quiet country roads, trails and tracks that wind through dozens of bamboo-lined emerald river valleys and through rice fields and local villages. For many, experiencing the region's incredible karst mountain scenery by bike is the highlight of their time in China. Bike Asia has Yangshuo's best bikes in 4 sizes and provides experienced and knowledgeable local guides for our popular day tours, mountain bike tours and family tours that will get you off the beaten track with our extensive local knowledge of Yangshuo's best back roads and places of interest. Self-guided tours with great maps, helmets, locks and bikes are also available so you can head out into the karst mountains to explore on your own. Speak to us about your time in Yangshuo as we can arrange all outdoor and cultural activities, transport and guides and pride ourselves on giving quality, friendly advice.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed April 5, 2013

We had a great guide: good fun, reliable, equipped with a first-aid-kit just in case. Bike was in very good condition with a helmet also available - an excellent experience and highlight of our trip to that province!

All reviews
"china trip"
"local guide"
"rock climbing"

Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was traveling solo to Yangshou in mid December 2012 and was looking for some fun, culturally authentic adventures. I found Bike Asia on the internet and wrote to them and Stuart wrote me back promptly with several ideas even through his company was officially closing for the month. He was able to get one of his guides who should have been off on holiday to tour me around for a couple of days and I had a blast. Stuart couldn’t have been more responsive and helpful, and he did so without even knowing or expecting me to use bike asia’s service.

My guide for my two days of riding in Yangshou was Will, a charming Brit, who’s a great guide, great company and truly knowledgeable and respectful of the local culture and traditions. Although I was initially thinking I would have preferred a guide from the region, Will has lived in Yangshou for 6 years and his Chinese is very good. As I was lucky enough to have a private tour with Will, he rode slowly to accommodate my riding speed and never seemed in a hurry or like he was waiting too long.

On the first day of riding, we toured the flat area around Yangshou visiting local villages and a local market. Will was kind enough not to point out the dogs that were being sold as food as he saw what a hard time I had just seeing the fish gasping for their last breaths. On a more encouraging note for those of us who would prefer dogs as pets, not dinner, the Chinese are starting to get more dogs as pets and so Will speculated that in 20 years or so, eating Fido might not be as common as today. The markets are not a place for the squeamish. He found foods I could eat at the market without risking getting sick and it was delicious. He was willing to go at my pace of sightseeing, which is slow, I stop and take lots of pics.

We did a challenging hill ride on our second day to Xingping and he was fantastic letting me choose to keep riding the hills or to bail and take the flatter route. I’m happy I stuck with the hills, it was challenging, but doable if you take it slow and rest. You’ll know after the first two hills if you’re up for the climbing. Bike Asia’s bikes are very good, and it helped to have a good bike for the bigger climbs.

I couldn’t be happier with Bike Asia and feel lucky to have found them on the net. Hoping to go on one of their longer guided trips at some point in the future.

Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We wanted to play safe and have good bikes. With Bike Asia this was ensured. They also provided good information about different tracks, helmets and a repair kit, just in case.
Only one "but": we were in Yangshuo in december and the weather was not that nice..therefore the paths had a lot of mood and they did not have any mood-guards. Maybe some easy-to-install mood-guards for these cases would be very useful.

Totally recommendable anyway!!

1  Thank MontanNito
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Two big selling points for Bike Asia; the bikes and the staff. The bikes are excellently looked after and feel great to ride, the staff really knew the area well and were full of advice on routes. Sure you can rent a bike for 10rmb elsewhere, but it's going to be an old jalopy. When you include a detailed map, puncture repair kit, gloves, helmets and all the advice suddenly the price seems very reasonable indeed.

1  Thank Jono250781
See more reviews
Reviewed November 19, 2012

It deserves it's place in the lonely planet guide and we are glad we went there. However the bikes are very pricy at 70y a day plus 300y deposit but for your bucks you're not getting top class bikes but you are getting their expertise, maps and guidance which is worth the cash.  Seats are v uncomfy even with the gel cover. My gears were clunky and the chain fell off a couple of times before I got used to it. So the bikes are well used put it that way! However their TRAX map served us well for our week stay in Yangshou. You can take guided tours with them for 150y per person.

1  Thank misspickle