“excellent not only as a personal guide”

Jack's Private Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Jack's Private Tours specialize in private guided tours in and around Yangshuo area which covers the guided tour in Guilin,Yangshuo,Longshen and southeast of Guizhou province,All of our tours are private,customized and based on your own interests,needs and our recommendation. We carefully select reliable and experienced tour experts and suppliers to work with, So that ensure you will spend a safe,smooth and memorable trip with us along the way!
Jerusalem, Israel
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“excellent not only as a personal guide”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

We satyed at Yangshuo for 3 days and were interested in a day tour to the rice terraces. Jack was allready booked for these days and we decided we don't really need a private tour guide but that a driver would be enougth. Still we made the deal with Jack and it was very much worthwille. Jack didn't only send the driver but visited us a day before at our hotel and gave us detailed maps, guideness and sentences in chineese in case we need any help. We had a wonderful day trip including a hiking in the terraces were no tourists were found.. the driver was very realliable and he waited for us in the end of the hiking route, taking care of our luggage. Jack was really outstanding and we are sure he can be of great help to any need you might have as tourists, not only as a personnal guide. It was by far our best experience from a tour guide or a tour agent, as was said by others - honest, caring, reliable, knowledgeable and much much more. deserve a special rate category!!

1 Thank tip_11

• Thai first
Margaret River, Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Yanghuo & Guilin made memorable & easy”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

What a great holiday we had...thanks to Jack! In our mid-sixties & having travelled a lot, a tour guide wasn't what we thought we'd do. However Jack came highly recommended and for very good reason too. Knowledgeable, friendly, honest, caring, accommodating and much much more. We'd left a hectic business conference in Hong Kong and had a few days to spare and they were very well spent in Jack's safe hands. He does a personalised tour for whoever books him and carefully & thoroughly documents all that is being covered each day, together with breaking down all costs. The area is just beautiful and one could easily be trapped into going to some not too important tourist spots and miss some great things like (eg) riding a bicycle through tranquil villages and past market gardens amongst incredible mountains. Jack adjusts the tour to suit who he has with him, so he's perfect for all age groups and speaks very good English, plus has a good sense of humour. A delight...Jack, the tours, the area... JUST DO IT!

3 Thank Trish_Edwards_47
Ashby de la Zouch, United Kingdom
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Good but by no means the best tour guide i have had”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I would recommend this tour but was left, after reading the reviews, feeling a tad disappointed when perhaps I had set expectation a bit too high. It's great that you can access remote areas and cultures with the ease of your own driver and doing this without a tour guide would have been difficult. The tour guide herself was good but gave little information unless questions were asked. The tour guide was a machine and could walk up the rice terraces at a fast pace but it almost felt as if she wanted to be somewhere else and was rushing it a bit. It's always going to be luck of the draw when it comes to the tour guide you receive and i have certainly had better. I'd still recommend getting a tour guide for practicality reasons if any, but i wouldn't be expecting fireworks.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Spartacus_knows
Jackzhou, Owner at Jack's Private Tours, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Dear Spartacus_knows

First of all, Thanks very much share your genuine personal travel experience and opinion with others on Trip Advisor. As the leading tour supplier in Yangshuo area. For sure,We are very pleased to receive any pertinent comments and helpful advice regarding our services. Hence, it could improve our services and make us go far greatly!

Because this is so far the first negative review regarding my regular cooperating tour guides on Trip Advisor. So, I must clarify it thoroughly. Not only take responsibility for my future clients but also for the tour guide herself. The tour guide who you used is Juan. She is actually also one of my talented and trusted tour guides in my team. Just like you mentioned,There are already quite a lot glowing reviews regarding my regular cooperating tour guides(Included Juan) appearing on Trip advisor till now. In other words, Juan’s talent and personality should not be questioned. As a matter of fact, I have been working with Juan since 2010, Juan tried the extra step to take good care of my clients as well as executed the agreed itinerary strictly on behalf of me throughout each tour in the past three years.

After I gathered the detailed report from your both sides, I finally find out the key problem cause you to feel dissatisfied. As you mentioned Juan walked at a fast pace and gave little information. But Juan told me that you both probably belong to that sort of reticent tourists who many British owned. Because she feel as if you both are not talkative begin she picking up you both from your hotel in the morning. Hence, She thought it’s better to respect your privacy and decided to leave most of the time to yourself while guiding a tour that day. If she would have understood your genuine inner thoughts. As a reputable tour guide, I am sure that Juan will never make such a simple mistake! Hope you could also understand this special situation. As you know, our clients from all over the world with different background and culture, It’s really not a easy task to get to know each other in-depth within limited time.

Of course, As the tour supplier as well as the travel consultant, It’s also my fault somewhat, I should have gathered enough background information (included your temperament) from you both when you enquired this tour from me at that moment. But at the same time, Myself is also greatly inspired by this lesson, I will pay more attention to this aspect! Understanding my client’s genuine inner thoughts will always be the goal which I strive for while doing travel consulting service!

Anyway, We feel sorry that our services didn’t reach your expectation, Just most of our previous clients said to me: “Jack, We are not interested in listening your talkathon, But we do care what will your future clients comment your services regarding the same issue”. So, Please follow up our actual actions through Trip advisor! Thanks.

The owner
Jack Zhou
Pleasanton, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Adventure on Short Notice”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had visited the Yangshuo area for a photo tour in March 2012 in less than ideal weather. Jack took great care of me then but I really wanted to see the area in better conditions. I was in China again this March (2013) and decided with some friends on a Tuesday that we wanted to go to Yangshuo that weekend. I sent Jack an email with some thoughts about what we wanted and he set everything up from there: transportation, guides, lodging, hiking trails, biking, the Silver Cave, etc. Jack led us on a great hike through the countryside on Saturday and his associate Karen led us on a mountain bike tour on back roads and trails on Sunday. We spent a sunrise on top of a mountain peak, cruised the Li River on a bamboo boat, and explored the Silver cave (the lighting is a little cheesy but it is still a fantastic cave).

My friends and I were extremely impressed with the tour, the value that Jack gave us, and the area as a whole. The weather was also much better this year - pictures included. Highly recommended.

London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Personal & professional”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I visited Guilin and Yangshuo in February 2012, as I had only limited time for my visit (4 days) I approached Jack. From start until even after the trip his service has been excellent. He replied very swiftly to my e-mails upfront and put together an itinerary exactly to my wishes. Even the hotels he suggested were spot-on. During the trip itself everything was very well arranged and everyone he works with was extremely friendly. Jack is very friendly and knowledgeable making the trip and scenery even more beautiful than it already is!

Due to Jack I got everything I wanted out of the 4 days without feeling rushed or stressed. Overall I was very impressed and would definitely recommend his service to everyone who wants to travel without any hassle and just get that little bit extra!

Visited February 2013