“A trip not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bamboo Rafting

Bamboo Rafting
Book In Advance
More Info
$171.00*
and up
Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo with Liusanjie Show, Bamboo Rafting, or...
Barrow-in-Furness, United Kingdom
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“A trip not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you are in the Yangshuo area you must go bamboo rafting as it is the most relaxing peaceful experience of your life. Me and my family had the most fantastic time and they look after you really we'll. it rained while we were rafting but it did not spoil it one bit. We waved and cheered to other people when we passed them but this was not often as it felt like the river was all ours for two wonderful hours. You can buy fresh fish from barges along the river if you so wish and they take photos of you along the way which is surreal in that environment but good to take them back home to show people as they do not cost very much.

• Greek first
Tel Aviv, Israel
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun ride but depends on the "driver"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Yulong river is quite shallow and very calm so the raft ride is very pleasant. Our raft "driver" said he was also an English teacher which meant he could speak reasonable English and point out interesting things along the way but it also meant that he could tell us a story about how very little money he makes from rafting so we'd give him a tip. We gave him a bit since we really enjoyed the ride but later learnt that it was technically illegal of him to ask us for a tip.

Putting the tip thing aside, rafting on the Yulong river is a great experience!

2 Thank Ifat_and_Tom
Reading, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely wonderful and ROMANTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to take the bamboo rafting tour. It was so romantic. We even got our pictures taken. What was really neat was a magazine shoot was taking place while we were there. They were taking pictures of "bride and groom" on the bamboo rafts as the sun set in the distance. Absolutely beautiful! Would def do again! :)

Visited April 2013
2 Thank rdgchick1987
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I did both the Yulong river and Li river trips. I thought the Li river was a lot better in terms of scenery, and I did not mind that the motor boats were louder. I thought the manpowered boats on the Yulong river were quite slow.

On the Li river I thought a taxi to Yangdi village where I got on a raft that took me to Xingping. The taxi was waiting for me in Xingping to take me back to Yangshuo. The cost of the taxi was 300RMB. The cost of the raft trip was 320RMB for two people on a boat. It would probably have been cheaper to go through a travel agency. The raft trip took 1.5hours but you can tell the boatman to go slower. While there were a lot of boats on this section of the river it was not the most popular section.

The taxi ride from Yangshuo to Yangdi and from Xingping to Yangshuo took around an hour each.

1 Thank chickenvspeter
Fairport, New York
“Li River Raft ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked our trip through a reputable travel agency and we had a personal guide and translator.

It was a wonderful 4 hour ride. I was so impressed with it, I built my own raft when I returned to the States and now run it on The Erie Canal where I live.

Here is my video of my Yangshou raft ride and another of my USA raft.

Visited October 2012