“Absolutely wonderful and ROMANTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bamboo Rafting

Bamboo Rafting
Book In Advance
More Info
$171.00*
and up
Li River Cruise from Guilin to Yangshuo with Liusanjie Show, Bamboo Rafting, or...
Reading, Pennsylvania
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Absolutely wonderful and ROMANTIC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I decided to take the bamboo rafting tour. It was so romantic. We even got our pictures taken. What was really neat was a magazine shoot was taking place while we were there. They were taking pictures of "bride and groom" on the bamboo rafts as the sun set in the distance. Absolutely beautiful! Would def do again! :)

Visited April 2013
2 Thank rdgchick1987

• Greek first
Melbourne, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I did both the Yulong river and Li river trips. I thought the Li river was a lot better in terms of scenery, and I did not mind that the motor boats were louder. I thought the manpowered boats on the Yulong river were quite slow.

On the Li river I thought a taxi to Yangdi village where I got on a raft that took me to Xingping. The taxi was waiting for me in Xingping to take me back to Yangshuo. The cost of the taxi was 300RMB. The cost of the raft trip was 320RMB for two people on a boat. It would probably have been cheaper to go through a travel agency. The raft trip took 1.5hours but you can tell the boatman to go slower. While there were a lot of boats on this section of the river it was not the most popular section.

The taxi ride from Yangshuo to Yangdi and from Xingping to Yangshuo took around an hour each.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank chickenvspeter
Fairport, New York
“Li River Raft ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

We booked our trip through a reputable travel agency and we had a personal guide and translator.

It was a wonderful 4 hour ride. I was so impressed with it, I built my own raft when I returned to the States and now run it on The Erie Canal where I live.

Here is my video of my Yangshou raft ride and another of my USA raft.

Visited October 2012
Sydney, Australia
136 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“It's better on the Yulong than the Li River”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013

The Yulong River is gentler than the Li although it gets just as crowded. Our raft trip took about an hour and there is only one place where they take photos as the raft is pushed over an edge and you get to scream (it's not compulsory to participate in this). The photos are produced very quickly - you choose from the computer and they're printed and laminated and handed over for 15¥ each and you're on your way again. The photos are quite good. You can book this in West Street, Yangshuo and have a mini bus take you and bring you back for 120¥ per person or bike out,or hire a taxi and book the raft yourself for much less.

Visited August 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great scenery, but too commercial”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We had faun time but there are lots of people wanting more of your money along the way. Several places where they take photos of you and then stop the boat to try to get you to but a photo. 20 rmb seems to be the bottom price. Also, they stop the boat to try to sell you food and water. It kind of takes away from the relaxing ride and scenery. We were going to take the big boat but it was cancelled for the day so this was our only option. From what our daughter said the big boat would be a better option. While more expensive you aren't forced to stop to spend more money on other things. The scenery is gorgeous

Visited August 2013